Steering upgrade for stock height

NEsmoker

Search function isn't working for me. But need to do tie rods again. What is the best option? I put 1300 miles on in last year, 1/4 of them is ruff dirt roads, and most of the rest is towing/hauling. What's better then stock replacement?

Are you currently running the 08+ steering setup? If not, give it a try. Rod ends are much stouter in my opinion.

Even at 1400 miles of gravel roads, steering components should last.

When I called Thuren with a few questions on suspension I asked the same question, their response was the upgraded steering from Dodge. For street use truck they thought it was the best bang for the buck on the market. The 08+ stuff is extremely beefy and appears to be holding up well.

When I called Thuren with a few questions on suspension I asked the same question, their response was the upgraded steering from Dodge. For street use truck they thought it was the best bang for the buck on the market. The 08+ stuff is extremely beefy and appears to be holding up well.

X2
We run this on two stock height 4wd 3rd gens. Very pleased, and the joints have grease fittings.

Last time just put 05 parts back in. I looked at few big name places but it seemed like their stuff was only for lifts. I know for how much I use the truck anything will last me long enough to be worth it. But I have been fighting front tire issues and just want to use what is working best. Doing tie rods and hub bearing units soon. Did all ball joints last year.

Does anyone still sell the stock y-link type steering? I had a hard time finding it. Would prefer to stick with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone still sell the stock y-link type steering? I had a hard time finding it. Would prefer to stick with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd honestly look into the 08+ steering upgrade. Compare the drag link, tie rod, and knuckle ends under your truck to that of a 2010. Noticeable difference.
If nothing else, you gain piece of mind with the grease-able ends.

My suspension and axles are all stock. So I will go the 08+ route. Decided to keep the truck. Just need to do a few odds and ends ,steering, wheel bearings, and exhaust. Then it should be good for a while.

Back