Full weight Mega 10 sec dreams..

RubberduckyLJ

#nohalfsends
So as the title says I have my Mega cab that im looking to plant deep in the 10s. Eventually Ill make a build thread here to reference it all.

I have some questions Im hoping yall could help with. Went out this Friday for the first time with it and did a best of 11.69 @ 116, next pass picked up 4 mph but blew the tires off so ended with a 2.1 60ft lol. Got death wobble at 130mph so called it a night. Need to fix that first. Main thing is I need more seat time, but next test n tune is a month away.

Engine set up is in my sig, 1300ish HP (on paper, no dyno yet)

Current suspension set up:
-3 leafs in rear w/ over load removed
-Bilstein 5100s rear mounted straight up on adjustable Firepunk mounts
-Helper bags
-Longhorn 72" traction bars
-FHP billet control arms
-synergy tierod / draglink (no stabilizer)
-thuren track bar
-2nd gen front coils w/ bilstein 5100s
-stock sway bar

So the questions I have and some changes Im looking to make:

-Ditching the 22x12s & proxes. What size slicks do I need to get?

-Worth changing from the long traction bars to Cal Tracs? ( Keeping leaf springs, no 4 link for now)

-Plan to change rear shocks rn to Vikings. (Eventually the fronts too)

-Thinking of ditching the synergy steering and fabbing heim joint steering.

Engine wise:

Im thinking of using my 488 as a single, or is there another s400 charger that would be more ideal? (Not spending GTX money yet LOL). Will eventually pair with nitrous. Mainly to keep this 6.7 block together.

Also curious on the fastest mega cabs, full weight or not. I know 10s is nothing special nowadays, but its been my first goal since I started my shop.

Well decided last minute to go to the local tuner event today and cracked off an 11.16 @ 124mph! Definitely looking forward to making some changes and getting that 10!

Hoosier drag radials on 18's is the popular choice.

Scrap (seriously) the Longhorn Fag shop traction bar and get a set of Cal Tracs. Go ahead an order the Energy suspension leaf spring and shackles bushings and install those while you're there.

I don't think changing dampers is necessary.

I was there and saw you 100+mph death wobble and it looked gnarly! What did you change from fri night to your test n tune? That is a pretty big improvement.

I did consistent 1.70's in a full weight quad cab. Ya gotta find the sweet spot launch boost number, and be repetitive about it.

I was there and saw you 100+mph death wobble and it looked gnarly! What did you change from fri night to your test n tune? That is a pretty big improvement.

Yeah I got death wobble at 125-130mph def a butt picker moment!

Nothing actually, literally wife decided last minute to go to the track so I grabbed the truck and sent it. Had to go as soon as I got there. I think it really came down to the warm prepped track. But I’m making a few changes right now. I’ll update here soon.

Last edited:
Little update, I blew the HG so got another Haisley set up (and another for spare) so getting that finished up Monday. Also got a 2 stage NX kit w/ the maximizer 5. Ditched the forged wheels & proxes and got some 555R2s. Still on a 22x12 for now because I had a set in stock. Next event is Randys dyno event anyway so that’s my current focus.

Also selling the longhorns and I am installing CalTracs & spring bushings maybe this week / weekend. Need to get this nitrous finish installed and get some data logs going.

Attachments

• 8D521491-8089-4DA3-84C2-93CBD148852F.jpg
    8D521491-8089-4DA3-84C2-93CBD148852F.jpg
    570.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20D41DFA-6C29-4D31-A47C-04DD9B0C09A7.jpg
    20D41DFA-6C29-4D31-A47C-04DD9B0C09A7.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 0
  • F3607BF8-5B01-4FD3-BB8D-97A176F54B3C.jpg
    F3607BF8-5B01-4FD3-BB8D-97A176F54B3C.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
When you're racing, how much weight do you have in the back of your truck to keep it from wish-tailing and getting enough traction?

When you're racing, how much weight do you have in the back of your truck to keep it from wish-tailing and getting enough traction?

Wide duallie tires solves those issues. Play with tire pressure and strict controlled boost launches.

Prestage, build your boost number hold it and bump in. Consistency

So its been a minute since I have done an update on here and sorry for that. I dont plan to update any pictures as I dont really have them on my computer. If youd like to see them check out my IG or YT.

Shameless plug over the update on ol girl is long and distinguished...

To start off with for those who wondered on weight, it weighed in at 7,740 on the cat scale with myself and my dog in it. I weigh 240 and the dog is 65 lbs. Total weight is then 7435, which is less then I expected honestly.

Also the nitrous install went pretty smooth, just tapped into the CKP instead of CMP so I will change that shortly. Currently just using it w/ TPS at WOT. Right now I have a .099 jet as a single stage for dyno. Eventually ill get around to setting up dual stages for dragstrip and more spray on dyno in Unlimited.

After doing the HG all was good, started doing some test hits with the new tuning and nitrous and for the most part it went well..... until it didnt. Idr how long the time was between the HG replacement and the testing. BUT during the testing the Monday before Randys dyno event I ended up rod knocking #5. So hustled like hell to get the engine together and built for the event and made it happen. If you want more deets on that I have a full video on my YT (another shameless plug).

With literally only one test drive on the truck and blowing a CAC boot on that drive, we just loaded the truck on the trailer and hit the road to SLC. Long story short the truck made 1251HP on fuel only, and with the .099 jet we made 1414HP! Super stoked on the performance, also found she was bleeding rail in the logs so we are working on addressing that.

Currently putting together her old 5.9 engine with a tater 67/67 and some DDP 45s amoung other goodies as a hold over engine. Why you ask? Because after we came back from the dyno event I did an oil change on the fresh engine and found COOLANT! So looked for the source and found 3-4 of the thread in freeze plugs on this AM head leaking, as well as coolant coming past 2 studs under the VC. No amount of hot retorques was saving this. Coupled with the 488 needing rebuilt, I had to down the truck..

I currently have probably the last 2 Haisley fire ring HGs that were sold, I am planning to do a new head and just sell this head after fixing and machining it so there is no use wasting a HG kit on it. So for now we will play in the 700hp zone and see how that goes. Hopefully we get on track to make a better number on the dyno this year.

You’ve been lurking for a LONG time wo many posts. Join on in!

After doing the HG all was good, started doing some test hits with the new tuning and nitrous and for the most part it went well..... until it didnt. Idr how long the time was between the HG replacement and the testing. BUT during the testing the Monday before Randys dyno event I ended up rod knocking #5. So hustled like hell to get the engine together and built for the event and made it happen. If you want more deets on that I have a full video on my YT (another shameless plug.)

What’s your YouTube channel?

Last edited:
What rods are you running? Why not sleeve the block? Or better yet deckplate?

Wagler Street Fighters. Eventually I plan to build another engine whether its a sleeved 6.4, deckplate 6.4, concrete 6.7 block, etc. Still in the decision / money making part of that future build lol.

As for this build it was initially only meant for 1300hp ish so I wasnt too worried. Now I will be pushing the limits of this block. YOLO.

Back