Cummins to CAT swap

just to be different and hauling purposes. i didnt know if u could put a 5/6spd behind it or if the engine speed would be too slow.

You can pretty much put anything in any truck, its all a matter of Time/$$$
Winner.

Anything is possible with a plasma cutter and welder.

Not anything makes sense, but with enough time and work you can put in anything that will physically fit and many things that won't.

A 5.9 will make more than enough power to haul anything that can be safely hauled with a pickup.

A guy that lives near me stuffed a 3208 in a 79 ford crew cab that he converted to a dually. He used it for hauling mud trucks up north, and it worked great but it wasnt a hotrod by any means

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

If you were doing some kind of resto on an old truck? go for it but why waste your money on something that works just fine for your towing needs.

Being different is one thing, spending money when you already have a good motor to start with, thats foolish, especially in a normal old dodge. Hell go find an ole 1.5ton truck and put on in there! make something cool and different!!!

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

If you were doing some kind of resto on an old truck? go for it but why waste your money on something that works just fine for your towing needs.

Being different is one thing, spending money when you already have a good motor to start with, thats foolish, especially in a normal old dodge. Hell go find an ole 1.5ton truck and put on in there! make something cool and different!!!
Because a tuned common rail C7 with an allison would be nasty in a pickup. If I was going to do the swap it wouldn't be in a POS Dodge though and it wouldn't be in anything old.:rockwoot:

Dont listen to them you got there $.02 and your answer "yes you can". Now go do it if you want, its your truck and your money right? Have fun and keep us posted! Thats my $.02 anyway :kick:

lemme guess j, youd put it in a ford like everyone else does....... theres a reason fords are the ones that get the transplant, not the dodges!

Yes you can do it bud but why waste the money when you have a good old cummins in there anyways? why not make something thats different on the outside also, not just hidden under the hood?

Back