2-post lifts

kleann

VP44 pwr
Looking at buying this one
Atlas BP9000

does anyone have experience with Atlas lift? Someone has told me it is worth the extra money to go with a better brand....

Looking at buying this one
Atlas BP9000

does anyone have experience with Atlas lift? Someone has told me it is worth the extra money to go with a better brand....

You were told right. My fathers shop has two bend paks and then bought a cheap china made. Lets just say im not impressed at all. The looks alone are scary. I have a friend that has a Danmar and it is well built. Danmar is a parent company of Bendpak, just a cheaper line.

We have an atlas pv10-p and it does very well. We use it mostly for cab-offs on 6.0s but I have had a QCLB dually on it while we swapped trans. and it held just fine. I would not hesitate to buy an atlas but would reccomend that you go with the PV10 line.

You were told right. My fathers shop has two bend paks and then bought a cheap china made. Lets just say im not impressed at all. The looks alone are scary. I have a friend that has a Danmar and it is well built. Danmar is a parent company of Bendpak, just a cheaper line.

Cool, thanks for the input, Danmar is really the only other choice considering price

We have an atlas pv10-p and it does very well. We use it mostly for cab-offs on 6.0s but I have had a QCLB dually on it while we swapped trans. and it held just fine. I would not hesitate to buy an atlas but would reccomend that you go with the PV10 line.

Thanks for your input aswell!, I really need a floorplate model though

In all reality I think that improper installation is a bigger hazard than brand choice. I have seen some pretty scary installations and some overloads that would scare anyone at other shops. There is validity to the thought of getting what you paid for but I looked at a lot of brands and thought that atlas was a good lift at a good price. I am sure that the bendpac lifts would hold more weight but ours has done fine and we never put more than 8500 lbs. on it so we stay well under its rated limits.

All lifts are made in China, and most are all built by the same outfit, then rebranded.. The thing to look for is the shipping weight on your lift vs name brands.. The more it weighs, the more steel there is in it.. Plain and simple. Alot of the so called "10k" lifts you see for cheap on ebay are actually 8k, or even 7k lifts that are simply up-rated by ramping up the hydraulic pressure...

So, my rule of thumb is buy the heaviest lift at the best price you can find.

Negative.. Mohawk, Challenger, Worth, Rotary, Western, made and built in the USA. I do know a model of Challenger is made overseas. Bendpak steel is china mad with USA parts and assembled here.

I have a 12k bendpak it works great for everything from VW Jetta cars to F550 dump trucks...just sayin!

Thanks for the input, but "Automotive lifts and Machinery corp" :bang doesn't make automotive lifts now, only heavy duty lifts for buses and such.

That sucks! its been a good lift :( I guess they still list the lifts on their site for legacy info? WTH.

Negative.. Mohawk, Challenger, Worth, Rotary, Western, made and built in the USA. I do know a model of Challenger is made overseas. Bendpak steel is china mad with USA parts and assembled here.

Which Challenger one? Have any opinion on the Challenger E10 versus the Bendpak XPR-10?

I have a 12,000lb Rotary Lift in my shop. Seems to be a great, sturdy lift and by far the handiest single item in the shop.

Back