Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 09:32 PM   #1
widieseltech

Name: widieseltech
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Looking for complete runs for ppl 2.6 smoothbore

Looking for a complete set of the new 2017 2.6 smoothbore rules. If someone has them can you please post them up. Thanks

Old 02-19-2017, 11:52 PM   #2
Cummins41

Name: Cummins41
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
2.6 Smooth Bore Diesel 4x4 Truck

Maximum weight 8000#

OEM Chassis is mandatory. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back half conversions, and tube chassis are prohibited. Must retain factory OEM wheelbase for make and model of body, not to exceed 172 inches.

The body must be OEM truck body including the full bed floor. No flatbeds permitted. The body must retain the full sheet metal. After market hoods permitted. The hood must be closed and securely latched when hooked to sled.

Complete engine must have stock appearance except where otherwise noted in these rules. Maximum engine size will be 460ci. Engine must be in OEM location for the body used. Engine must have a 3/8 diameter cable surrounding the engine block. Cable is to be positioned between #1 and #2 cylinders and is to pass through manifolds. Cable will have 4-6 inches of slack. Two cable clamps at cable splice are required

Cylinder head must be OEM or OEM replica for brand of engine. Outside of cylinder head must measure factory width and length. No billet heads of any material. No individual intake runner manifolds. Head must retain factory OEM valve angle. No deck plates permitted.

Hook point to be no closer than 44”of centerline of rear axle. Maximum hitch height of 24” with a minimum of 3.75”x3” opening. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. The use of Reese style hitches is prohibited. Hitch must be centerline of rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed 25 degree angle from pivot point to hook point. No hitch supports or adjusters fastened to rear axle housing shall be above center point of rear axle. Pivot pin of drawbar can be no further forward than the centerline of rear axle.

Turbo is limited to a 2.6” inducer bore. Bore must be smooth. No MAP Width Enhancement groove (MWE) allowed. Compressor wheel must protrude into 2.6” bore for 1/8”. Bore will be checked with a 2.605”turbo plug. Plug must not be able to enter inducer bore and contact wheel.

All vehicles must be equipped with upward pointing exhaust located either directly behind cab or out of truck hood. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other and within 12 inches of turbo.

Front hanging weights are allowed, not to exceed 60 inches forward from the centerline of front axle. Ballast may be added in the bed of truck but must be securely fastened. Maximum weight 8000 pounds.

All trucks must have at least six inch wide u-joint shield around the rear u-joint constructed of at least 5/16 inch steel or 3/8 aluminum that will safely contain the u-joint and the end of the driveshaft. All shields must be securely mounted to vehicle. Any front shaft u-joints that can be visibly seen from side of truck must be shielded to contain the u-joint and the end of the driveshaft.

A fire extinguisher system is permitted. 2.5# fire extinguisher must be securely mounted within reach of driver. A complete OEM firewall is required.

All drivers must have valid driver license and full SFI fire suit including helmet. Seatbelt/restraint must be worn.

The complete OEM floor pan is mandatory. Vehicle must maintain a complete firewall. Additional gauges and pillar pods are permitted.

Hand throttles permitted. Diesel fuel only (See fuels page for specs) No propane or N02 or any other oxygen enhancers allowed

Maximum of one P pump up to P7100 allowed. 13MM plunger limit. Ag governors permitted. The use of multiple high pressure common rail fuel pumps is legal.

OEM rear and front ends required. Must have come factory in a one ton or smaller vehicle.

Axle shields are required. Shield to be .060” thickness steel or aluminum. A hole may be cut in one shield to allow operation of hub lock.

Safety switch (rain cap or guillotine) must shut off air to diesel engines. Switch will be securely mounted to back of vehicle. A 2 inch or bigger solid ring must be attached to end of switch. Ring must be zip tied to switch bracket. Switch must also be able to be activated in cab while driver is secured in vehicle.

Hydraulic steering permitted

Suspension- The upper mounting point for strut assembly must be in factory location. Adjustable caster/camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided the factory mounting points are maintained. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted. Raising or lowering of vehicle height with suspension modifications is permitted but must be bolt on only. Welds permitted for attachment to frame and axle only. Blocked suspension permitted. No air bags. Rear suspension may be made solid.

Tires must be DOT approved with maximum size of 35x12.50. No studded tires or tire chains. No alterations to tires permitted. No bar or terra tires.

Dual wheels are prohibited.

OEM transmission and transfer case must be used. Must have come factory in a one ton or smaller vehicle.

Non-OEM transmissions prohibited. Aftermarket torque convertors, valve bodies, and internal components are permitted.

SFI bell housing and/or SFI blow proof bell housing or SFI blanket type shield must be used.

Water injection is prohibited.

Air to Air intercooler only. No cooling device allowed for intercooler. No ice boxes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Old 02-20-2017, 10:43 PM   #3
PsdPullerJR

Name: PsdPullerJR
Member`s Gallery
So what kind of HP numbers are they making with these rules?

Old 02-22-2017, 07:44 AM   #4
Briggs0130

Name: Briggs0130
Member`s Gallery
I'm hearing hp numbers are on par with true bore 2.5 numbers. Right around the 950-1,000 hp mark.

Special thanks to Caleb at Blackout Performance
https://www.youtube.com/user/Briggsy0130

2014 PPS 2.5 Champion
2015 FCTPA 2.5 Runner Up

Old 02-24-2017, 06:26 AM   #5
RockinRam96

Name: RockinRam96
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins41 View Post
Cylinder head must be OEM or OEM replica for brand of engine. Outside of cylinder head must measure factory width and length. No billet heads of any material. No individual intake runner manifolds. Head must retain factory OEM valve angle. No deck plates permitted.
So you have you cannot mill off the intake shelf on a Cummins and bolt a aftermarket intake plenum to the head?

Old 02-24-2017, 07:40 AM   #6
bob 99

Name: bob 99
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRam96 View Post
So you have you cannot mill off the intake shelf on a Cummins and bolt a aftermarket intake plenum to the head?

No RUNNER intakes. you can run a side draft or some other factory style replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-24-2017, 09:35 AM   #7
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Member`s Gallery
Why can't you have a runner intake? Does it allow for some other radical change that wouldn't be able to happen with a side draft or other factory style replacement?

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap

Old 02-25-2017, 01:46 PM   #8
Undrwr

Name: Undrwr
Member`s Gallery
Anyone found a 2.6 smoothbore turbo

Old 02-25-2017, 01:53 PM   #9
widieseltech

Name: widieseltech
Member`s Gallery
Infinite performance is making them give them a call

Old 02-25-2017, 01:54 PM   #10
kjpcummins

Name: kjpcummins
Member`s Gallery
I agree the runner intake rule is a bit of joke as it doesn't affect power. It has always been a way to target the cummins engines. While the v8s can run whatever they choose.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:17 PM   #11
Bodacious

Name: Bodacious
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
I read that the rear can be solid. Is this like the 3.0 class or am I thinking wrong?

Also, will the tires be measured or will they go off the sidewall nomenclature?

Old 02-26-2017, 05:02 PM   #12
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
Bump for replies

Old 02-26-2017, 06:07 PM   #13
Undrwr

Member`s Gallery
Question

Have you found a dot 35/12.5 that's larger than 35/12.5

Old 02-26-2017, 06:51 PM   #14
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
No, I have not. 35x12.50 tires, on most occasions, won't measure more than 33 inches.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:34 PM   #15
Undrwr

Member`s Gallery
Am I reading this right I can run a Hamilton 6.7 block and war head in this class but not in 3.0

Old 02-26-2017, 08:36 PM   #16
Undrwr

Member`s Gallery
Our bags are 34.5 and the general at2 34.7 but would be nice to get a 35 when buying a 35 inch tire

Old 02-27-2017, 03:45 AM   #17
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
That is pretty close to actual measurements. The Boggers and regular TSL's (Bias ply) have shown as much as a 3/4" difference between tires. When you leave and the front wheels come up (in racing) this will mess with ya.

Once we figured this out, we always made sure to purchase twin sisters.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:09 AM   #18
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
Taken from 2.6 rules
Quote:
25. The vehicle must retain the original factory wheelbase and track width. Maximum of 1 ton truck chassis only allowed.
Taken from 3.0 rules
Quote:
24. Maximum wheelbase 158” and 102” maximum track width (outside tire to outside tire
I have noticed a few of the 2.6 trucks that look to be stretched in some of the videos I've been watching. I didn't see a maximum wheelbase on the 2.6 class.

How stringent are the PPL techs when it comes to this rule? It appears the wheelbase rule could leave one brand dominant??

Last edited by Bodacious; 02-27-2017 at 06:13 AM.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:30 AM   #19
Briggs0130

Name: Briggs0130
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrwr View Post
Am I reading this right I can run a Hamilton 6.7 block and war head in this class but not in 3.0
I didn't think the warhead retained the factory oem valve angle?

Special thanks to Caleb at Blackout Performance
https://www.youtube.com/user/Briggsy0130

2014 PPS 2.5 Champion
2015 FCTPA 2.5 Runner Up

Old 02-27-2017, 11:38 AM   #20
97crewcab

Name: 97crewcab
Title: Wrong.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
Taken from 2.6 rules

Taken from 3.0 rules

I have noticed a few of the 2.6 trucks that look to be stretched in some of the videos I've been watching. I didn't see a maximum wheelbase on the 2.6 class.

How stringent are the PPL techs when it comes to this rule? It appears the wheelbase rule could leave one brand dominant??
I think you are confusing the previous 2.6 slotted class trucks with what will be the current 2.6 smooth bore trucks. The new 2.6 trucks are the old 2.5 trucks, and I don't remember seeing any stretched trucks in 2.5. Maybe there are some?

The 2.6 smooth bore rule concerning original wheelbase is meant to allow factory crew cabs etc. Basically what used to be allowed in the old 2.6 class. I am always surprised that the hitch length is the same for all wheelbase trucks when they can range from 13x" to 17x". I never understood why a percentage rule wasn't used in this scenario?

Closed Thread