Farmall M Diesel Restoration

Sparked my interest so I had to do some reading haha. So a lever was used to enlarge the combustion chamber and close the spark plug circuit. Interesting stuff.

Sparked my interest so I had to do some reading haha. So a lever was used to enlarge the combustion chamber and close the spark plug circuit. Interesting stuff.

It's amazing the stuff they came up with back then......and for the most part, it still works. We can't design anything new and not have a recall or warranty work. :D Now, granted, the difference is only about 579 HP. :hehe:

It's amazing the stuff they came up with back then......and for the most part, it still works. We can't design anything new and not have a recall or warranty work. :D Now, granted, the difference is only about 579 HP. :hehe:

I was just talking about this the other day with a coworker. Mainly aviation, but I can’t help but think we are going down hill with technology haha. I know we have come up with way crazier shit but it seems like we have passed the peak of reliability and usefulness with a lot of things.

I was just talking about this the other day with a coworker. Mainly aviation, but I can’t help but think we are going down hill with technology haha. I know we have come up with way crazier shit but it seems like we have passed the peak of reliability and usefulness with a lot of things.

Damn right. Case-in-point. Traditional can light replacements. Now they have multi-color wafer lights, that need a separate power supply mounted, wavelength can be changed by a switch, pulls less power, etc etc. But, installation sucks, they are pricy, you won't find an exact match 10 years down the road when they fails, sometimes they flicker, some of them hum, etc etc.

There is a good meme...let me go find it. (edit: can't find it)

Basically it said, "We will have flying cars by 2020"

2020:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-09 095653.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-09 095653.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Someone needs to take up a collection and buy Pete a hydraulic jack and some wrenches. To see him use channel locks to take the steering box nut off made me cringe.

I saw that also and said WTF Pete, I know he has the correct socket or wrench because last year I remember him putting that together properly.

The Railroad Jack just can not be beat, but a nice bottle jack sure would have made that easier, but a ton more cribbing to get to the height he needed.

He is an old school guy, even his tools aren't up to date, lol.

Back