Flat beds

i had the thought of one day doing a aluminum or having a fiberglass skirted bed made for the race truck! lol

I like flatbeds as well.

Saw this truck at a car show last weekend.

4-A0A261DA-1837911-800.jpg

Sorry, but that was the only pic I got of it. The bed was framed out of steel, with a sheet of aluminum for the floor. It was attached with counter sunk stainless allen heads.

I've thought about putting an aluminum bed on one of the 1st gens. If I do it will be bought though. I like the Moritz beds.

98753361_1thumb_550x410.jpg

Last edited:
If I had a tool truck that's what it would look like bad ass.. I would only like more stainless .. mmmm shiny..

Here is my twin turbo vp
a6fa26b8-2627-ba39.jpg
daily driver. Hillsboro bed and a homemade aluminum rack makes it nice

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Rebuilt a Badger Flatbed, recessed Crossmembers & Stringers, narrowed it to fit SRW, made rear light panel, added the rub rails and stack pockets on rear,12k scissor hoist. The hoist back hinge is in front of a frame mounted gooseneck hitch etc..plan on adding a access trap door into the flatbed. I cut the factory frame crosss members out and redid them so the hoist sits lower. Also fabricated a fuel tank outta heavy steel with trap doors etc..., Recessed the front head ache rack to fit a 5" single stack. kept same profile from rearview and side etc..truck has drop in wood sides and is off the road currently.
Thanks,
Deo

PC310002.jpg

PC310004.jpg

P1030003.jpg

P1030004.jpg

May08Perky005.jpg

May08Perky012.jpg

homemade bed.B&W flatbed kit.oak sideboards with polished alliminum stakes and stainles steal rubrails.
some day when I get done with all the other prodjects with the truck going to make a all aluminum one.
Dale

The two tone is my current truck, 97 12v. It's the same machine on both trucks, 69 red face with a pc board, distributer, and the whole 9 yards. The face plate color just blew off in the car wash recently and i just haven't bought another. I need to dig around and find some pics of the other 12 beds i've built in the last 3 years, all on either 2nd gen or 3rd gen dodges.

Last edited:
Some beds i use a pipe quarter, this bed i had 3/16 plate rolled into a 20" radius, and then cut the quarters out for the back corners and 10" radius for the front corners, step up corner, and tool box front corner. This bed i also had the back and the 2 top pieces cut out by a water jet. The cuts were perfect and the $350 that cost me was worth every penny since it saved me like 2 days of torch work, and lots of grinding. I was able to thow this bed together in 4 days, but everything all added up I have around $4k in it, not exactly cheap.

I like flatbeds as well.

Saw this truck at a car show last weekend.

4-A0A261DA-1837911-800.jpg

Sorry, but that was the only pic I got of it. The bed was framed out of steel, with a sheet of aluminum for the floor. It was attached with counter sunk stainless allen heads.

I've thought about putting an aluminum bed on one of the 1st gens. If I do it will be bought though. I like the Moritz beds.

98753361_1thumb_550x410.jpg
i think thats a hillsboro bed thats just rebanded with their name. really nice. here is a pic of my bed at the same angle lol.
IMG_20110312_165923.jpg

IMG_20110313_094040.jpg

IMG_20110312_165930.jpg

They both make some very nice beds. The Moritz bed is a close copy of the Hillsboro, but not exact. The extrusions run cross ways on the Moritz, but lengthwise on the Hillsboro. Other small details are different as well. I've got a friend that just put a Moritz on his chassis cab and I'm jealous.:lolly:

Back