Air Compressor Q's

Has anyone ever tried the husky brand air compressor from home depot? Its 449 for a 60 gallon. Now I know no one would use this compressor for a commercial shop but has anyone had good luck with them around there garage or small shop?

Has anyone ever tried the husky brand air compressor from home depot? Its 449 for a 60 gallon. Now I know no one would use this compressor for a commercial shop but has anyone had good luck with them around there garage or small shop?

I had a buddy in rhode island that used it and loved it, it was handy for basic stuff like tire changing etc

I had a buddy in rhode island that used it and loved it, it was handy for basic stuff like tire changing etc

Yeah I was thinking about a husky or campbell huasfield. There both right at 450 and both 60 gallon tanks. I know a few people who use the campbell and love it for running just about anything in your everyday garage or shop

I'va Had a husky 60 gallon 5 HP vertical for 10 years in my home shop. Runs everything I use including a 3/4 gun intermittently and two 1/2 guns at the same time. As long as your not running a DA or open air sand blaster it is a decent unit.

I'va Had a husky 60 gallon 5 HP vertical for 10 years in my home shop. Runs everything I use including a 3/4 gun intermittently and two 1/2 guns at the same time. As long as your not running a DA or open air sand blaster it is a decent unit.

I think im going to try one, either that one or a campbell huasfield from tsc for my home shop

Also, another good place to check is craigslist... My favorite is the old iron 2 lung 2 stage units that went thump, thump thump when they ran from years ago.. My former boss picked one up for $50 a couple years ago and it easily runs away from his spendy Sanborn that hammers away like it's goin' out of style... And makes half as much noise..

Another brand to check out is quincy, just ordered a qt 54. 2 stage 60 gallon for my new garage. Its a 4 cylinder pump 220 single phase. Low rpm and super quiet. A little pricey but it should last forever.

look at the electrical connections or the diagram on the electric motor. A single phase motor would only require 2 leads. L1, L2, and a ground giving you single phase 240 volts. A 3 phase motor would have 3 leads plus a ground. A motor on a 120 gallon non upright unit usually requires 208/230 3 phase power as most of these are a 10hp unit. Or, I do believe they make one in a 460v 3 phase configuration. If you've got 3 phase accessible, I'd do it. I wouldn't try to do any phase converting on these. Don't ask me how I know........ Sandblasting with a compressor like this makes it a breeze. Or, if your into port and polishing, you'll be glad you went with one like this.

Back