so what is the ultimate turbo for the 2.6 rule??

Which one has more blades?

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_5741b.jpg

So are you saying 11<12=False?

Alot of folks forget to count the secondary blades.

curt has got some pretty cool stuff and is always making it better, i run one of his turbos, and more blades on a compressor wheel isnt the answer

I mean what happend they put 30 feet on everyone else it was crazy. Just one of his new trubos out. It's obvious that they make the power.

Get to your point....

You agreed with the comment that more blades on the compressor wheel is not the answer, which insinuated that you disagreed with the statement that the 11-blade ETR wheel will outperform other models. Yet, in fact the ETR wheel has less compressor blades than most all other wheels. A contradictive assessment that goes against what the company that produces the wheels has found through comparison.

I questioned the fact that the ETR wheel was the best thing out and stated that more blade count is not the answer.

my point was you take an S480 that has 8 primary blades and 8 secondaries and put in a wheel with 7 primary blades and 7 secondaries it will out preform the one with 8, and do even better when it is billet

my point was you take an S480 that has 8 primary blades and 8 secondaries and put in a wheel with 7 primary blades and 7 secondaries it will out preform the one with 8, and do even better when it is billet

Not always true, as you drop blades you also bring other inherent problems (boost response, pressure drop, surge line moving...etc). On a gas test stand you will see the difference....also as cubic inches change and the operating window changes sometimes the 8 blade wheel will outperform the 7 blade. We see it quite often. For instance we tested a 3.0" Borg Warner popular comp wheel against an aftermarket one that has one blade less...the factory wheel came on boost faster, but peaked a little lower (At peak it was down 20hp to the 7 blade), but where it counts in a sled pull/drag racing is when the motor is under a load. No one races at peak HP rpm all the way down the track...lol Under the load the factory BW wheel was holding 80hp more advantage through the rpm range until the top....quite significant. This was on a 6.7 CR BTW.

Also Billet or cast has nothing to do with it...lol. If both wheels are of the same design, whether cast or billet, then their is ZERO difference. The only reason for running billet is for an extreme app, and the ability to just make 1-2 wheels, instead of making a casting which is not cost effective unless you make hundreds of them...

If 7 is better than 8, why stop there? How about a turbo with 4 primary blades?

Its not a blanket theory. As you drop blades you also narrow the island of the map. Look at some of the old F1 cars of the 70's-80's era. KeKe Rossberg ran a turbo with 3 blade comp wheel for testing.....turbo made stupid power, but the island was WAY to narrow. Surge on one side, rev limiter on the other. People focus on peak power instead of average power. I'll take a comp wheel that will make 50rwhp in the mid-range any day over a comp wheel that makes 50 PEAK rwhp more. Your at peak Hp for a blink of an eye...

Back