Stock Fuel Tank Sump

Send mine right away!!! Tim your Deranger ain't running yet anyways...you can wait...:kick:

:Cheer::poke:

Thanks for the return PM Joe!

I'll check back with you tomorrow. I can't see it being very much. (shipping)

I'd like to do it this set of days off.:woohoo:

hey Mr. hellman would you run one of these on a lowered truck? my tank sits about 6" or less from the ground. im going to be running my lowered air dam so i guess if that hits im already SOL.

has anyone check to see if this is still legal for road use???

hey Mr. hellman would you run one of these on a lowered truck? my tank sits about 6" or less from the ground. im going to be running my lowered air dam so i guess if that hits im already SOL.

The fact that the fuel fitting ties into the side, and not the bottom, makes it legal on all NHRA tracks.
And the fact that the pick-up fitting is on the side, will prevent it from being ripped off, or broke off, should you snag it on something.

Any issues with sucking crap from the bottom of the tank? I ve never seen inside my tank, so not sure if there would be sediment of some sort in it or not.

I may have to get me one

If it's six inches off the ground I would say the tank is allready too low. What is this in , a tube chassis ?

sump1.jpg

sump2.jpg

Way better than pickup tube.
Discuss.

can i make a suggestion in the ring that goes inside the tank at the bottom cut channels between the screw holes to allow fuel to flow between the bottom of the tank and the ring and into the sump otherwise if you end up with only a 1/4 inch of fuel in the tank it would have to be splashed over said ring in order to get into the sump.

I had thought of cutting a channel before. Like was mentioned ,your'e already extremely low on fuel at that point. If you still had a siphon tube your'e already on the side of the road miles and miles back there.

In Richard's infinite wisdom, he has modified the fuel sump. Presenting " The Unbroken Signature Series ".:hehe::hehe:

Somebody really needs to get him out of Georgia and back to civilization.
multi sump.jpg

can i make a suggestion in the ring that goes inside the tank at the bottom cut channels between the screw holes to allow fuel to flow between the bottom of the tank and the ring and into the sump otherwise if you end up with only a 1/4 inch of fuel in the tank it would have to be splashed over said ring in order to get into the sump.

Think of it this way. That 1/4 of fuel might have some gunk or trash in it and since the sump is 1/4 up with one get your filters dirty from running all that trash in your filters.

I was concerned about the trash getting sucked up into the pump myself but i didnt realize there was a 1/4in ring on the bottom of the tank. Joe ill be calling you this week. I need one before buda. Having some draw straw issues for the 3rd time.

In Richard's infinite wisdom, he has modified the fuel sump. Presenting " The Unbroken Signature Series ".:hehe::hehe:

Somebody really needs to get him out of Georgia and back to civilization.
multi sump.jpg

What the HELL, man ? LOL

Back