07-09 dually to single wheel question

DISTURBED

YEA WE RIDE THE SHORT BUS
I had a guy come to the shop the other day that wants to swap me a dually setup for a single wheel setup I have here under a srw 3500. He said that someone told him that you only had to swap the hubs. Said they had done it and it worked fine. I know on the 2nd gen stuff that won't work. Anyone know if the tubes between the srw and drw are the same length and will the hubs interchange? I don't think they will but he swears you can. Anyone ever done this?

Here's what I found on bearing dimensions:

2500 SRW is a 2.25 inch inner bearing.
2500 SRW is a 2.00 inch inner bearing.

3500 DRW is a 2.50 inch inner bearing.
3500 DRW is a 2.00 inch outer bearing.

The above was from O'Reilly's site.

Quad 4x4 has some listings that are a bit confusing and they don't list actual diamters, but go there and look:

dodgeAAM11.5rearAxle - Torque King 4x4

Mark.

I swapped my 04 single to a dually a few years ago. Everything I found then said a single wheel axle is different than a dual wheel. I ended up using a dually axle out of an 09. Everything bolted right up. Had to swap the wheel speed sensor over from the 04. I still have the single wheel axle and the hub assembly is considerably shorter. Has to be an difference in the axle tube lengths

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In on this for the info. I'm gonna guess no. I think the bearings are spaced further apart on the dually axle creating the need for a longer spindle.

Back