12v 2nd vs 24v vs CR

BURNOUT

Hey,
First off, I'm new here. On my quest for power I quickly realised that I had to swap in a cummins lol. Anyways, I was having trouble deciding on witch one to get. I'm looking for a motor that will get some good power, reliable and have good mpgs. I'll also want it to be somewhat ajustable, wouldn't want to be running around with 700-800hp all the time. I'd like to get some info on what motors to stay away from. I know that for the 12v I believe, I have to stay away from the #53 block. Oh yeah, I heard that even know the 12v has no electronics it could be ajusted with a switch? To crank up or crank down the fuel delivery.

Thanks guys,
JR

As far as I know the 12v is all mechanical and there is no box, programmer, no switch...pretty much nothing will give you the ability to just power up or down.
I would go with a CR. Man it's just so easy to pull great numbers from them, and they are really starting to take off bigtime and even some of the faithful 12v only guys are going the way of the CR.

CumminAtYa said:
How does the valet switch work? First I have heard of it......

I am not a 12v guy but what I think they are doing is turning off the secondary pump that high hp trucks run so that it does not have enough fuel to put up big #'s. I know Big Bad Dodge had one and Piers sells them.

It could be used as mechanical or electronic valet switch that you splice into your pressure tube going to your afc, since its stops the air to the afc which reduces your fueling extension. do i have to tell you guys everything, lol

Last edited:
So a CR would be the way to go... I was checking out the prices the other day and a new '05 CR with only 500miles on the odo is right around 4000$. Comes with everything to plug it in and go. But what tranny to go with?

JR

i drive my 12 valve on the street alot and they can be very streetable but my CR is definately alot easier to drive on the street especially being able to turn down both chips while you drive, i did a full dodge suncoast tranny, billet intermediate ouput and input and billet drum and so forth, great truck definately the way to go,

Back