Tubular Exhaust Manifold

it should be interesting to see what kind of difference it will make. the smoothness of the pipe should make a difference over the rough cast piece.

I really need to get some long carbide bits so I can port the collector better but I guess this will do for now.

Thanks again guys!:Cheer:

My guess is the 3rd gen manifolds are undevided because they have variable geometry turbos??? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Good Work! I'm dying to hear about any gains over stock manifold. I don't expect much, but every little bit helps I'm sure. I'll bet you had a blast playing in the shop for a couple of days anyway.

Yeah, I guess I need to get on a dyno and see... I am a fabricator by trade so I get to play in the shop everyday. I am looking into Polydyn Coatings, does anyone have any experince with them? I am looking to do some sort of polished coating.

Thanks, Bodie

Swaintech would be my choice. No shiny bling bling stuff though just a matte white. It goes on at about .015" thick.

Yes sir, that will be next. The 2nd gen will be much nicer as I hope to get some waterjeted flanges for it.

Well I put it on last night, went for a quick test drive and noticed better spool-up, maybe more power, better sound, and havnt got a chance to really look at EGTs. It doesnt sound like a 2nd gen, but it doesnt sound like a regular 3rd gen either.

I will get some videos of it today for you guys to see/hear.

Here are some videos after the header. Please excuse my wifes music.:doh: There not great but you get a feel for it. It makes my truck have a deeper tone, it kinda sounds like I have 5" exhaust. I have staight exhaust with a Diamond Eye muffler.

Yes sir, that will be next. The 2nd gen will be much nicer as I hope to get some waterjeted flanges for it.

Well I put it on last night, went for a quick test drive and noticed better spool-up, maybe more power, better sound, and havnt got a chance to really look at EGTs. It doesnt sound like a 2nd gen, but it doesnt sound like a regular 3rd gen either.

I will get some videos of it today for you guys to see/hear.

Need a test mule? I've got a spare manifold in the bed of the truck and my truck does pretty much nothing but sit around right now.

Here are some pics of it installed on my truck... I know I have an oil leak.:bang

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

Back