Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Discount Power Parts.com
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 09:07 PM   #1
Patrick@DPP

Name: Patrick@DPP
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Huge Trans cooler...Tiny price!

We just went out and purchased a bunch of these coolers, and that is why we can offer them to you at this super low price...check it out!

Purchase here!

PICTURE

DPP Universal 25K GVW Transmision Cooler. 19,000 BTU/HR With Installation Kit
[DPP 25KGVW FluidCool]
Dimensions:

18" Long
7" Wide
7/8's of an inch thick
1/4 inch I.D. inlet and outlet

This is a great buy! We landed ourselves a couple hundred of these quality fluid coolers at a special cost and we are passing this on to you! This is not your old fashioned tube and fin cooler, this is a plate and fin style cooler.
If you are not familiar with a plate and fin cooler, imagine that you start with a standard round tube type cooler. Now take that round tube and put it in a machine that flattens it almost to the point of being closed all the way across the now flat plate. Now take that plate and apply your fins to it and you get a huge surface area of oil to wall contact.... unlike a round tube and fin where the tube is only seeing the outside edge of the large volume of oil.
So you see what is done, and you think...hey....does this not choke off the flow of that single tube that used flow enough for my big bad tranny? Well...yes...it did. That is why we got them made with 9 plates stacked together onto the inlet hose barb, and those 9 plates make a horse-shoe and all connect to the one outlet barb. Your tranny fluid, engine oil, or steering fluid go into that one barb and disperse evenly across the 9 plates to minimize restriction and come back together gently at the outlet barb.
This is the best cooling solution for your money. You talk about value? Value is spending a little bit, but getting huge results. This cooler will give the results your looking for! I have personally run the old tube and fin coolers and can attest that they barely cool the fluid when towing heavy in the summer. This cooler will make that fluid temp drop an average of 40°+ on a heavy tow even on a hot summer day. Add a fan to it for low speed stop and go driving and your going to love the results you get in city driving while pulling car haulers, or on tow trucks and RV/Motor Homes!
The installation is simple. This cooler comes with a section of high pressure rubber line, the plastic thru radiator barbs to mount to the existing coolers, and all you need to do is cut one of the metal lines (Outlet of the OEM cooler) and run into this auxillary cooler, and then go from the outlet of this cooler to the inlet of that cut line that returns back to the transmission. A typical install will require about 1 hour of time.
On some vehicles you may need an additional fitting or two if you do not want to cut the OEM hard lines. In this case your local True-Value Hardware Store or similar will have the fittings to do what you need!

This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 21 December, 2006.

Thank you,

Patrick

Last edited by Patrick@DPP; 01-02-2007 at 09:39 PM.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:11 AM   #2
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
You guys have the fans as well? Where can it be mounted?
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 12-29-2006, 09:27 AM   #3
Patrick@DPP

Member`s Gallery
I'm sure you can mount a fan on it. We have not matched up a fan for the cooler, by itself it does a heck of a job. Most guys mount the cooler in front of the radiator, but some drag racers have put them back under the bed, With enough hose you can mount it any where. In fact, a guy with a dodge drag truck wants to mount two in a row under his bed. Seems a little over kill, but its a great price, and it definatley wont hurt.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:59 AM   #4
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
I like the underbed Idea. That is a helluva price for sure!
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 12-29-2006, 09:21 PM   #5
Mike L.

Name: Mike L.
Member`s Gallery
Nice looking cooler but I would hard line as much as possible on the install. Two of those would not be overkill at all.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:01 PM   #6
Patrick@DPP

Member`s Gallery
Maybe overkill is a bad word, but it should be plenty.
Yes, running hard lines close to the cooler would be best. That would give you even more cooling surface.

The transmission pooped out on us in our shop Excursion you see in the banner at the top of our website. So, we are direct with the manufacturers of the parts the big companies use in their 5k dollar transmissions, and will be filling it back up with goodies tonight. The 8400 pound Excursion will have a transmission equal to those others for 1/4 of the price, and it will be getting atleast one of those coolers for sure in front of the radiator. We have talked about mounting a second one back near the trany, I'm not sure if we will be going with that or not.

Also, we are adding the PML trans pan. An additional 3.5 quarts of fluid should help keep it cool also.

We dont tow too often with this rig, but it has been know to have a sled hooked to it mysteriously a few times a year. Shedding 350 to 400 pound to make weight is sometimes a challenge lol!

Happy New Year!
Patrick

Old 01-03-2007, 12:05 AM   #7
Patrick@DPP

Member`s Gallery
I updated the description on our site with the dimentions. I dont know how I left that out...kind of important lol.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:23 AM   #8
Patrick@DPP

Member`s Gallery
We still have about 50 of these left from the original 250 ordered.

Patrick

Old 01-31-2007, 10:44 AM   #9
duke1n

Name: duke1n
Title: Banned
Member`s Gallery
1/4" inlet/outlet? Even if you ran 2 of them in parallel, it would be a restriction for the Dodge and Chebies that have 1/2" lines. Maybe I'm missing something but even the Fords have at least 3/8" lines. I would not recommend installing a cooler with a 1/4" line in your truck. Sorry man.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:23 PM   #10
Mike L.

Name: Mike L.
Member`s Gallery
Dodge runs 1/2" lines, Ford 7.3 run 3/8", Ford 6.0 run 1/2, Duramax run 5/8. Any restriction such as a bottleneck will restrict cooler flow back to the trans. Remember the return fluid from the cooler IS lube to the planetary gears. Every time I upgrade a cooler I use a much less restrictive cooler for better flow. You can actually lose a trans quicker in cold weather with a restricted cooler than hot weather because of thicker fluid. Hope this helps.
mike

Closed Thread