Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Farrell Diesel Service
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 12:17 AM   #41
Leiffi

Name: Leiffi
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDYoungGun View Post
I don't have any info on that pump saved in my file. About all I can tell you is the obvious info from the nomenclature- 8 cylinder 12mm p7100 12mm cam with base mount housing, more than likely has constant pressure valves and came off a Mack application.
What's the idea behind constant pressure valves ? Is the any benefit performance vise to change them to "normal" type ? So called H pumps had those constant pressure valves and they were failing regurarly.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:20 AM   #42
SmokinCAT

Name: SmokinCAT
Title: Cheap and Easy.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I don't have any info on that pump saved in my file. About all I can tell you is the obvious info from the nomenclature- 8 cylinder 12mm p7100 12mm cam with base mount housing, more than likely has constant pressure valves and came off a Mack application. Sorry I can't be more help!

I think the p-pump guys got worried about the VE pumps getting attention and rushed everything in at once to keep me preoccupied with them
So could it have the same work done to it as any of the other 7100s you are working on?

Old 02-28-2016, 12:24 PM   #43
CTDYoungGun

Name: CTDYoungGun
Title: Seth- Fuel Injection Guy
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiffi View Post
What's the idea behind constant pressure valves ? Is the any benefit performance vise to change them to "normal" type ? So called H pumps had those constant pressure valves and they were failing regurarly.
I have never done a back to back performance comparison between constant pressure valves and standard delivery valves, so I can't answer any differences in performance.

I researched this for a while and never found a direct reason given from Bosch, but in their patent application for the constant pressure valve they did note that a possible negative effect of the snubber valve located in the valve could be premature wear and failure. The basic idea was that by locating the snubber valve in the valve that cycles up and down with every pump stroke, that added motion would cause failure in the snubber by vibrating/ cracking/ deteriorating the snubber assembly.

When they switched the locstion of the snubber valve to the dv holder where it never moves, the failure rate of the snubber valve dropped tremendously.

All of the constant pressure valves I've seen were in pumps that were either older than our pickup application p7100 pumps, or were used in non automotive applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinCAT View Post
So could it have the same work done to it as any of the other 7100s you are working on?
Yes sir, it can be modified the same as all other p7100 pumps

Old 02-28-2016, 01:24 PM   #44
Leiffi

Name: Leiffi
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I have never done a back to back performance comparison between constant pressure valves and standard delivery valves, so I can't answer any differences in performance.

I researched this for a while and never found a direct reason given from Bosch, but in their patent application for the constant pressure valve they did note that a possible negative effect of the snubber valve located in the valve could be premature wear and failure. The basic idea was that by locating the snubber valve in the valve that cycles up and down with every pump stroke, that added motion would cause failure in the snubber by vibrating/ cracking/ deteriorating the snubber assembly.

When they switched the locstion of the snubber valve to the dv holder where it never moves, the failure rate of the snubber valve dropped tremendously.

All of the constant pressure valves I've seen were in pumps that were either older than our pickup application p7100 pumps, or were used in non automotive applications.
They were used in Euro2 engines, Bosch H pump with electronic fuel and timing control. They had quite high injection pressure for a inline pump.

Old 02-28-2016, 03:05 PM   #45
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Yes sir, it can be modified the same as all other p7100 pumps

Get that VE lineup going !!!!!

Old 02-28-2016, 03:31 PM   #46
SmokinCAT

Name: SmokinCAT
Title: Cheap and Easy.
Member`s Gallery
Could you get me a price on a set of 8 upgraded DV's, they do not have to be street friendly whichever option fits that best.

Any 14mm B+P upgrades, feel free to PM if you want.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:56 PM   #47
CTDYoungGun

Member`s Gallery
Keeping this open

Old 07-14-2016, 06:01 AM   #48
jlbayes

Name: jlbayes
Member`s Gallery
Shoot, forgot to post back in here after getting my 215 done. Very very happy with how the pump runs and the power bump!

Old 07-30-2016, 08:23 AM   #49
Shaky93

Name: Shaky93
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Keeping this open
Just sent you a PM

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Old 09-21-2016, 12:12 AM   #50
12valve

Name: 12valve
Title: Diesel Boy
Member`s Gallery
I sent you a fb message. Now found this thread with pricing
So I'm subscribing

Old 11-18-2016, 03:35 PM   #51
Dazed&Confused

Name: Dazed&Confused
Title: Surfing my own world
Member`s Gallery
Have you done any work with the VE pumps yet?
2004 CTS-V

Old 11-18-2016, 03:59 PM   #52
CTDYoungGun

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused View Post
Have you done any work with the VE pumps yet?
Yes, we have and can work on them. Nothing earth-shaking as far as fuel delivery goes- 240-260cc max out of a 12mm h&r. 1 pumping element for 6 cylinders just can't put out the volume or rpm like 6 for 6 can.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:35 PM   #53
Got Smoke?

Name: Got Smoke?
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Yes, we have and can work on them. Nothing earth-shaking as far as fuel delivery goes- 240-260cc max out of a 12mm h&r. 1 pumping element for 6 cylinders just can't put out the volume or rpm like 6 for 6 can.
Seriously.........finally .....Seth

1997 2500 Jokerfab cyl head, PDR street cam, FDS benched pump, DFI 5x18's, HX35 63/67, FirePunk 47RE & anteater.

2003 Jetta TDI 5spd "DZL WGN" lot's of mods

Old 11-19-2016, 06:08 PM   #54
mfsuper90

Name: mfsuper90
Title: 300ft is all I need
Member`s Gallery
I thought 250cc for a factory rotary was fairly impressive. That's comparing them to a Lucas/cav pump though haha.

Would prices change if it was a 13mm 4 cylinder pump instead of 6?
'14 Ram Anarchy EFI, G56

Old 11-20-2016, 09:57 PM   #55
CTDYoungGun

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsuper90 View Post
Would prices change if it was a 13mm 4 cylinder pump instead of 6?
The calibration would be cheaper, but overhaul costs would be the same.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:44 AM   #56
Dazed&Confused

Name: Dazed&Confused
Title: Surfing my own world
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
What kind of pricing are we talking? My pump is pushing 500k miles a d I'd just like to have it checked out and maxed.
2004 CTS-V

Old 03-08-2017, 09:39 PM   #57
CTDYoungGun

Member`s Gallery
Keeping it open

Old 03-27-2017, 11:32 AM   #58
BigHemi02

Name: BigHemi02
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Hey Seth, i got a 12v with an 'unkown' pump, was supposed to be worked, has 5ks, .120 holders, full cuts, dual fed, rack plug, afc cut and worked. Someone said you may not be checkin and maxing pumps? Just rebuilding? Im running this thing clean after a few hundred feet with 5x.022s. Wondering if you could get this thing to 500-550ccs to help meet my power/et goals. I got it 2nd hand with '600cc' of fuel, which I'm doubting cause it cleans my single 75mm

Last edited by BigHemi02; 03-27-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:56 PM   #59
CTDYoungGun

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHemi02 View Post
Hey Seth, i got a 12v with an 'unkown' pump, was supposed to be worked, has 5ks, .120 holders, full cuts, dual fed, rack plug, afc cut and worked. Someone said you may not be checkin and maxing pumps? Just rebuilding? Im running this thing clean after a few hundred feet with 5x.022s. Wondering if you could get this thing to 500-550ccs to help meet my power/et goals. I got it 2nd hand with '600cc' of fuel, which I'm doubting cause it cleans my single 75mm
You can send it in so we can check it over and let you know what exactly you have. We are no longer max/ balancing pumps without overhauling them.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:54 PM   #60
BigHemi02

Name: BigHemi02
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Whats an overhaul run? I may have missed that in the pricing? And can you get any pump to push that 550 i need? Thanks!

Closed Thread