G56 into NV5600?

StainlessRRA

Advocatus diaboli
Well two days ago I decided to see how my truck ran wide open with this new motor, on my single disk clutch. Badddd idea LOL

Long story short its not happy anymore. I have a diaphram style (3250 or 3600) clutch with only 2200 miles on it just sitting here on my shelf taking up space. I have been told if I don't use the fly wheel spacer, and use a starter spacer a G56 clutch will work in an NV5600. Is that true? I'd prefer to do it this way, I can get my hands on the starter spacer in town and it will save the hassle of selling this one to buy another.

This is the clutch in question. Thanks for the help!
d2b1250c.jpg

I'm running one out of a G56 in front of an NV4500. Didn't use the flywheel spacer and got a starter spacer off of cummins724. As far as I know the NV56 and NV45 are the same clutch wise so it should work.

Interesting. The SBC DD I picked up for my G56 swap had the spacer that was integral to the flywheel. If a spacer would've let me run my 4500 clutch, sure would've saved me some coin.

I ended up trading this clutch for a 3850 South Bend and never attempted putting her in. Good thing too, cause this truck would eat a 3250 alive if I really tried putting the power down.

Back