Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 98-02 2nd Gen.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2018, 03:50 PM   #121
DODGEIH

Name: DODGEIH
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pipes View Post
I'm eager to read the updates, just seems like you're overly excited about what you've got so far. For me, if the improvement is miniscule, why risk shortening the life of fuel system that's already considered iffy by many. For me, my current thoughts are to go to a higher quality injector, hopefully a second turbo, and ideally get the v2 tuning to dial it in best I can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
seems like you're on the right track. Honestly (purely assumption) the only thing thing I see possibly having a shortened life would be the injectors... And to me on these trucks you spend $600(+/-) on good injectors that should last a couple hundred thousand miles as can be changed in 2hr with basic hand tools.. Even if life was shortened 25%,that isn't an end all imo. So far our results have been positive and like you I'm excited to see what we come up with. Honestly if it doesn't gain much, then at least this question can be paid to rest with actual real world results!
Old 01-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #122
DODGEIH

Name: DODGEIH
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbeef View Post
touchy touchy bunch in here..if yer gonna post data be prepared to answer questions and explain..i only ask for things to be explained so I can understand them
I believe the reason for this thread was to get peoples thoughts, ideas, criticisms and providing data to all. I think that we all appreciate your ideas and your criticism. It helps us to look and think about things that maybe we hadn't or to test and try things that would help prove or disprove benefits. It just seems that every few comments you just repeat the same old "it's a waste of time" comments.. If it turns out we prove it not beneficial it's no sweat off my back, and I'm guessing the others doing it won't mind either. It is an experiment. Simply trying to make a good thing better.. Not a big deal either way. Again thanks for your thoughts..
Old 01-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #123
me78569

Name: me78569
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pipes View Post
I'm eager to read the updates, just seems like you're overly excited about what you've got so far. For me, if the improvement is miniscule, why risk shortening the life of fuel system that's already considered iffy by many. For me, my current thoughts are to go to a higher quality injector, hopefully a second turbo, and ideally get the v2 tuning to dial it in best I can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
at 330 bar I don't see issues with lifespan, it's 3 bar over what bosch says it ok. Doesn't worry me. I see no reason to say the vp is being hurt, the seat of the injector it is reasonable to say lifespan will be shortened. Considering stockers often last ~200,000 miles I would say even if lifespan is reduced by %50 it is still reliable. Nozle quality comes into question here, but we are stuck arguing something that is beyond what most can test for.

To date I have not had any observable ( keyword) downfall to the 330 bar. Improvements appear to be up for debate and I already posted the logs so I wont beat a dead horse.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:19 AM   #124
dieselbeef

Name: dieselbeef
Title: dick doggin
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DODGEIH View Post
I believe the reason for this thread was to get peoples thoughts, ideas, criticisms and providing data to all. I think that we all appreciate your ideas and your criticism. It helps us to look and think about things that maybe we hadn't or to test and try things that would help prove or disprove benefits. It just seems that every few comments you just repeat the same old "it's a waste of time" comments.. If it turns out we prove it not beneficial it's no sweat off my back, and I'm guessing the others doing it won't mind either. It is an experiment. Simply trying to make a good thing better.. Not a big deal either way. Again thanks for your thoughts..
and that's what I give ya....
02 quad cab . aluminum flatbed, silver, 63/68/14..best move in along time, iis hrvp, INJ by weston, drag comp, 4.10, gorend/suncaost auto, got rid of the bastard oily stack...2nd best move ever, im back to liking my truck now that its a TOW PiG!

im the other gary dammit