Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Alternative Diesel Motor Sports
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2016, 03:52 AM   #601
tall boy

Name: tall boy
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Old 04-17-2016, 01:18 PM   #602
tall boy

Member`s Gallery
SchoonesDakar Libya Rally Day 3 .

One flat tire and two front tires came off the rims after the dunes , oops tire just too low, but for the rest!

JACINTO Elisabete was fasted overall with the trucks and Smink with the Ginaf truck did not retrieve all wave points and had 35 penalty minutes .
SchoonesDakar team knew holds fifth place overall with only 24min behind the No1 overall and now 3rd in the truck class only 8 minutes behind Smink with the Ginaf truck and able to keep up with the pace.

Movie of the rally maniacs with short interview with Aart Schoones .

Old 04-18-2016, 12:52 PM   #603
tall boy

Member`s Gallery
Old 04-19-2016, 11:12 AM   #604
tall boy

Member`s Gallery
Old 04-19-2016, 01:26 PM   #605
tall boy

Member`s Gallery
Libya rally Stage 4

This stage was a tour around the church , or rather the mosque. The 210 km special , especially the dunes , went smoothly. Aart was a long time in the lead and was eventually overtaken just before the finish by van den Brink. However, he managed to stay for Smink at the last minute . A better day we could not really have , and the atmosphere was really good.
However, during the briefing after dinner it was announced that the last 12 km would be neutralized . That decision has not cost us some places . Despite this setback , we are still well in the championship and today we grab another chance to show what we can.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:22 PM   #606
tall boy

Member`s Gallery
Libya Rallyday 6 another SchoonesDakar rally day with a 2nd place with 21 minutes behind an unleashed Van Brink with the MKR Renault and now third place overall including cars.
Aldo there is a 140Kmh speed limit these trucks can hold there pace a lot better than any car and the power and torqou of these truck engines will make the diference when things get real heavy.
The Ginaf truck with the Cinese build Cummins engine face the same problem as in Le Dakar. A broken camshaft so they are out of the rally.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:43 AM   #607
tall boy

Member`s Gallery
Old 04-21-2016, 12:11 PM   #608
tall boy

Member`s Gallery
Well second place on the stage today and third place in de truck class and also third place overall in the Libya Rally so I’m happy.

No panic or no calls @ all from the service team after freeing up some more power after the Dakar Rally so up for the next rally dust things off this rally has finished.

Last edited by tall boy; 04-21-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:34 AM   #609
tall boy

Member`s Gallery
Start of the first special stage of the Libya Rally. Looking back on this rally I can not be more happy with the result.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:46 AM   #610
tall boy

Member`s Gallery
Old 05-08-2016, 03:56 AM   #611
tall boy

Member`s Gallery
Finally a bit of time to post some things.

Well underway with the VTN super sport championship currently holding second and 4 place after two pulling events.

The new build Manne van Janne 3 has an excellent balance and has the old 15.6L engine from the Manne van Janne 2. Getting second place twice.
The new 16.4L is still a compromise on engine power as we took the best of two setting but we now know it makes a bit less power than the old 15.6L but we got the tool in to make the parts needed.

Second place Leende but the clutch did not hold.

9e place in leende. Tyre problem, no grip

Qualification. Excellent balance just tipping the track with the front wheels for max weight on the rear wheels. 9.5 tons total weight and able to balance the truck with 20Kg weights.

Qualification and the same thing on balance and a bit more grip on other tyres but still not ideal.

4e place unable to make speed on the firts part of the track.

2e place
Old 05-08-2016, 05:04 AM   #612
tall boy

Member`s Gallery
Erichem.

A bit of history with a fist time have a CAT on the track in Super Sport class and the madden run of Green Bull SUSU with a CAT C18 engine. Not our project and I think the team need to do a bit more homework.

We tested the new software I made for PD engine in use for some time for US and Canadian customers stepping away from the virtual engine able to dial in injection angle as to VE or volumetric efficiency numbers.

Old 05-08-2016, 06:54 AM   #613
tall boy

Member`s Gallery
Great to be alive

Old 05-08-2016, 08:19 AM   #614
Leiffi

Name: Leiffi
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tall boy View Post
Erichem.

A bit of history with a fist time have a CAT on the track in Super Sport class and the madden run of Green Bull SUSU with a CAT C18 engine. Not our project and I think the team need to do a bit more homework.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQjgQzgB7sI
They should ask americans, they have 3000 hp Cat engines..
Old 05-08-2016, 09:35 AM   #615
tall boy

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiffi View Post
What about the Canadians?

Well my tickets to Canada are booked. Lets have some fun with a CAT C18 compound set-up on the track. Lets @ some more control to these engines. .

Need to know how they play there games and also look into building these engine in to commonrail as we maybe get some more option building big Bosch injectors with OE parts.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:37 AM   #616
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiffi View Post

We do, engine dyno proven. All while using Cat ECM.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:44 PM   #617
tall boy

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
We do, engine dyno proven. All while using Cat ECM.
Well here the things about EO ECM or ECU. From the start of using electronics on diesel engines a lot of control on there engines where taken away from teams and there people. But as for the commercial part being able to alter software can make good money. Sometimes it turns in to a political game as well knowing a set of engines setting works well as we done and tested it but the team is not getting it from …….. until……….. and do you want to win a championship and so on.

As for an ECM or ECU can make more power, well we can all do the same as long as the ECU or ECM is well build for it. In fact is the other way around engine hardware still limits power and if it dos perform very well how can you make it work better as for keeping traction and control of turbochargers and more things on a endless list. On that’s part limitations on OE ECU hardware can play there part and for those unable to do so options can be to expand to external devices or do you want to have it all in one box and able to write your own control strategy being the master of the whole game play needed for the things you want to achieve…….

So now for the good part I hope we can educate so some more and make them able to make some of that control freedom work for them and @ the same time giving the controls back to the teams that want to handle there own stuff in the own way. So we sell free dome of control.

My favourite dyno. Taylor dyno DS Series.

Hope team Green Bull will bay some from US or Canada see how this compares to the other Super sport engines. Single stage diesel fuel only max 2900Rpm max 5” inducer on turbo compressor but able to run 2 of them in parallel so option there to compress plenty of air.
Old 05-08-2016, 04:37 PM   #618
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Don't take what I said the wrong way, I'm not Leiffi, I'm not knocking on your accomplishments or product in any way. He's never done or proven anything other than he can flap his lips or in this case keyboard. The latest common rail C15 here is using a Bosch standalone ecm. But since the only class it's allowed to compete in (with this ECM and fuel system) has a turbo limit, the HP is lower than the factory ECM trucks. I know for a fact there are several trucks in the 3000hp range but what Leiffi doesn't understand is these guys spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on these trucks and aren't going to post dyno sheets. And even if they did he wouldn't believe them anyway. His head would pop off if he knew we have a bunch of super stock diesel pickups also in the 3K hp range.

You just keep doing what your doing and posting updates. It's always an interesting read and leiffi has been around long enough that everyone has tasted his brand of bullchit and take it as such.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:56 PM   #619
tall boy

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
Don't take what I said the wrong way, I'm not Leiffi, I'm not knocking on your accomplishments or product in any way. He's never done or proven anything other than he can flap his lips or in this case keyboard. The latest common rail C15 here is using a Bosch standalone ecm. But since the only class it's allowed to compete in (with this ECM and fuel system) has a turbo limit, the HP is lower than the factory ECM trucks. I know for a fact there are several trucks in the 3000hp range but what Leiffi doesn't understand is these guys spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on these trucks and aren't going to post dyno sheets. And even if they did he wouldn't believe them anyway. His head would pop off if he knew we have a bunch of super stock diesel pickups also in the 3K hp range.

You just keep doing what your doing and posting updates. It's always an interesting read and leiffi has been around long enough that everyone has tasted his brand of bullchit and take it as such.
Believe me I understand. It’s more about having control on things in many different ways. OE or aftermarket as for an option on engine control system. That’s all.

I think CAT C series is not an easy engine to do headwork on the intake with a single entry cast in manifold?
Old 05-10-2016, 11:01 AM   #620
Leiffi

Name: Leiffi
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tall boy View Post
What about the Canadians?

Well my tickets to Canada are booked. Lets have some fun with a CAT C18 compound set-up on the track. Lets @ some more control to these engines. .

Need to know how they play there games and also look into building these engine in to commonrail as we maybe get some more option building big Bosch injectors with OE parts.
Yes, canadians claim 2400 hp or something like that, their 1/4 mile mph say maybe 1800 hp. Volvo has run much faster, yet they say it has maybe 1200 hp.