Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Articles
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ford Articles Write your own Ford Articles

Closed Article

Article Tools
Installing an 05+ Accufab Power Elbow on an 03-04 6.0 Installing an 05+ Accufab Power Elbow on an 03-04 6.0
nummit
04-02-2007
This is an easy install with very few tools needed. Total install time was less than one hour.
I need to give a big thanks to Vivian and DJ for a great deal and speedy delivery on my elbow.
http://www.dj-performance.com/

Tools required for the job:
7/16 deep socket or wrench
10mm socket
8mm socket
5mm allen wrench

Stock vs. Accufab
Click the image to open in full size.
Start with removing the two wiring harness connections from the factory throttle body.

Next, use the 7/16 socket to loosen the clamp that holds the CAC ducting to the factory elbow.

Next you need to remove the one 10mm bolt and the three 8mm bolts that secure the elbow to the factory throttle body.

With a little twisting the factory elbow will come off.

Now you are ready to remove the Throttle body.
Use the 5mm allen wrench to remove the three mounting bolts and remove the throttle body.
You need to clear this stud

Take one of the rubber o-rings on the factory Throttle body and insert it in the groove on the bottom of the Accufab elbow.
There is an o-ring on the top and bottom of the throttle body. Use either one

Install the new Accufab Elbow on the intake

For installing the elbow you can use either the three hex head 8mm bolts and one of the 5mm allen head bolts, or the three 5mm allen head bolts and one 8mm bolt. Either will work fine but you will need to use some combination that equals four since there are four mounting holes in the elbow flange and you wont be reusing the long 10mm bolt again.
Remove the plug in the Accufab elbow and hook up your boost gauge. Snug up all mounting bolts and go make some smoke
When the job was done I had the 10mm bolt and two allen head bolts left unused.  
Article Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Featured Articles

Test Article

Test Article
sredish on 04-02-2007, 04:39 PM
thanks for the write up and pics. seat-of-the-pants report? I'm sure it's not much but was there anything noticeable? mine should be here soon.
nummit on 04-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Throttle response was better. I will give an opinion once I get some miles on it. I honestly can't see how this can't help a little bit, it should flow much better than the stock elbow. I bet you would see bigger gains with a bigger turbo
nummit on 04-02-2007, 05:41 PM
This is some good info for you 06+ guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Baker
When I installed elbow on my 06, I could not get elbow to seperate from the intercooler tube. Took clamp all the way off and there is a metal ring in the groove on the tube to better hold it to elbow-good idea. My 05 did not have this and I was able to remove tube just by loosening clamp. So if anyone has trouble seperating elbow from tube, remove clamp and then you can access the tension ring under clamp on the newer models.
Frans96ss on 05-24-2007, 10:35 AM
can you re host the pix.....
Closed Article

Article Tools