Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > EFILive
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 08:16 PM   #1
PRINCETON_JAKE

Name: PRINCETON_JAKE
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Stuck on high idle plus underboost

I have a fully built 2006 cummins I had efi live done on. Wow it's anazing! By far the best mod to date, but at the same time I enharited a problem...

The truck is stuck at a 1,000 rpm idle, it does NOT kick off when I touch the brake or when it warms up, it is also trying to pull in gear. One thing we found is the flash scan lists 2 different temp readings, one matches the dash and changes with engine warm up, the other is stuck at -40 degrees.

Today, roughly 600 miles sense tuning, i stopped at a gas station for fuel and when I fired it up the check engine light came on the second it fired. At that point it was in limp mode so I limped to oriellys and scanned it, there was a P0266 "under boost" code. I cleared it and everything was fine the rest of the way home. Its had a boost fooler on it for the last 5+ years and the limiters disabled on top of that....

Old 03-02-2016, 08:44 PM   #2
jedeka

Name: jedeka
Member`s Gallery
I believe there are two temp sensors. One for the gauge and one for the ecm. My guess is the bade my temp sensor is causing the high idle issue. The code and limp mode is probably from the boost fooler that went bad.

2005 3500 4x4 dually, auto, KORE leveling coils, 19.5 wheels, Smarty Jr

Old 03-02-2016, 08:49 PM   #3
PRINCETON_JAKE

Member`s Gallery
I can't find a second sensor anywhere, not even in diagrams. That's my thought.

If the boost fooler (resistor) was bad the code wouldn't clear. Plus the efi has that circuit disabled

Old 03-03-2016, 09:30 AM   #4
arinkuddy

Name: arinkuddy
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
The high idle problem sounds like a temp sensor. For ambient air temp the only one is the sensor in the grill by the drivers headlight. They are cheap. There is also the intake air temp sensor that could be the culprit as well. Id scan it while disconnecting one at a time to figure out which one it is.

You shouldn't need a boost fooler with EFILive. That can be all done with the tune. If its connected to the wastegate connector then thats a wastegate fooler, which is just a resistor to load the circuit. Have your tuner look at Internal Flash/Turbo/Boost Pressure, Too Low Thresholds if that is stock Id lower it by 5.5 PSI. That seems to work for me with the low boost issue.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:01 PM   #5
PRINCETON_JAKE

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by arinkuddy View Post
The high idle problem sounds like a temp sensor. For ambient air temp the only one is the sensor in the grill by the drivers headlight. They are cheap. There is also the intake air temp sensor that could be the culprit as well. Id scan it while disconnecting one at a time to figure out which one it is.

You shouldn't need a boost fooler with EFILive. That can be all done with the tune. If its connected to the wastegate connector then thats a wastegate fooler, which is just a resistor to load the circuit. Have your tuner look at Internal Flash/Turbo/Boost Pressure, Too Low Thresholds if that is stock Id lower it by 5.5 PSI. That seems to work for me with the low boost issue.

All the sensors are reading correct other then one of the 2 coolant temps shown on the computer, and I can only find the one by the thermostat that Sean's to only control the guage.

Thanks for the info on the boost

Old 03-07-2016, 10:43 AM   #6
PRINCETON_JAKE

Member`s Gallery
We pulled the efi out and it was no longer idling at 1,000rpm. We tried multiple things and different computer softwares no matter what it's stuck on 1,000rpm when we put any efi tune in it.

Any help?

Hoping to figure that out so i can figure out a surge I have around 1,400rpm

Old 03-11-2016, 07:23 PM   #7
PRINCETON_JAKE

Member`s Gallery
Anyone have advice or explanation why my idle is stuck on 1,000rpm die to efi live?

Old 03-11-2016, 07:40 PM   #8
ComnRailPwr

Name: ComnRailPwr
Member`s Gallery
Without seeing the tune it's all a guessing game. The tune is causing it or your truck is not agreeing with the operating system used.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Old 03-11-2016, 08:03 PM   #9
PRINCETON_JAKE

Member`s Gallery
I don't know how/what to show, but I'll see if the tuner can post that.

Closed Thread