Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Articles
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ford Articles Write your own Ford Articles

Closed Article

Article Tools
03-04 ICP sensor change tip 03-04 ICP sensor change tip
Dalpilot
11-07-2008
I just changed the ICP sensor on my 03, and it took about 2 minutes. First go from underneath, and take the heat sheild off that blocks it. Mine has been off for about 4 years. That is the hardest part. Then get a 1 1/16ths boxed end wrench, and cut it right in half.
Click the image to open in full size.
It should be about 5 inches long. Reach up, and unplug the sensor, you will see it up under the y-pipe if you look from the drivers side underneath past the tranny and Exhaust manifold.
Stick the wrench up there, and slide it on, it should stay. I had to use a long pry bar and tap it with a hammer to break it loose. Then reach up there, unscrew it, and screw the new one in and tighten it with the wrench. Your working blind, but its not bad at all.  
Article Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Featured Articles

Test Article

Test Article
Mooring Product on 11-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Will be doing this Sunday with Douglas. Was wondering how this was done. I'm also getting the new wiring to make sure I do this once.
Dalpilot on 11-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Definitely get the new wiring.
SuperDutyDon on 11-14-2008, 09:40 PM
New wiring?
PSDPlayer on 11-14-2008, 11:00 PM
There is a new connector kit you can get if the sensor has been leaking oil into the wires. Even with a new sensor the connector can be messed up.
fluty118 on 02-23-2009, 04:57 PM
always replace the wiring with the connector and i dont want to paint a pretty picture for you but the icp sensors under the up pipes suck it is a pain in the ass so do it once and replace the wiring as well
Closed Article

Article Tools