Suncoast VW TDI Torque Converter Stage I Info

TooMuchBoost

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I just talked to Suncoast Converters and they are more than happy to upgrade your supplied torque converter core to a Suncoast Stage I for $345. Contact John at Suncoast for the specific modifications they will make to your TDI torque converter.

Suncoast is capable of taking these TDI converters to the next level well past Stage I assuming the TDI HP levels increase to such a point. This would include Billet components and a double disk vs. the factory single disk if deemed necessary.

I was also told they would be willing to acquire their own cores (to have them pre-built waiting to ship) once they see a little demand and determine what specific cores they need to stock.

FWIW- Suncoast built my core and shipped it back in 2 days so they work fast.

http://www.suncoastconverters.com/newsandevents/newsevents.html

1-800-868-0053

Last edited:
TooMuchBoost said:
I just talked to Suncoast Converters and they are more than happy to upgrade your supplied torque converter core to a Suncoast Stage I for $345. Contact John at Suncoast for the specific modifications they will make to your TDI torque converter.

Suncoast is capable of taking these TDI converters to the next level well past Stage I assuming the TDI HP levels increase to such a point. This would include Billet components and a double disk vs. the factory single disk if deemed necessary.

I was also told they would be willing to acquire their own cores (to have them pre-built waiting to ship) once they see a little demand and determine what specific cores they need to stock.

FWIW- Suncoast built my core and shipped it back in 2 days so they work fast.

http://www.suncoastconverters.com/newsandevents/newsevents.html

1-800-868-0053

Holey crap! $345 That's it? I wish I could do that! Also they had it shipped back in 2 days, now thats some quick work. How is it holding up?

Well, Andy tends to flog on the Passat pretty good, haven't heard him griping about a slipping converter yet LOL LOL

Back