Toyota 2.4 NA Diesel

Burner said:
Dan....... you got'a buy a VW AND a truck. Heck, buy a frame & body and go from there. LOL

I hear that!!!

I'm gonna stay with a cheepo gasser truck for a short time and play with the VW for a bit.

dan

keep away from the 2LT's full stop , the heads crack left right & centre , plus i hear the cranks are'nt so hot flash . poor engine design . I have a 2LT in my current landcruiser , its glazed and needs a fresh'n . But not going to do it as its money down the drain , will be building a tough 13BT soon. B series - toyota 4 cylinder engines are quite strongly built . the 13Bt is a pushrod 8V engine 3.4ltr ( inline injection pump ) , while the later 15BT is a 16V( EFI )4.1 ltr .

go to a 4x4 site & find out for yourself about 2LT's ( iH8mud.com )

That pretty rich telling me to stay away from a truck I already owned.

The 2L head cracking MYTH is just that, yes they did have some cracking problems (with the 2L-T, mines a 2L) but every problem can/ could be traced back to poor maintained and just plain old neglect.

I ran mine in NA for quite a while, added a turbo kit and continued to have a blast with it.
No cracked head.

Again, poor maintained and owner neglect will kill anything.

Thanks for the advice but it's not needed and yes I did plenty of research before the purchase and during the build.

dan

Back