Super Duty Electric vacuum pump question

Tpull123

I am going to be using one of the electric vacuum pumps from a Super Duty for my Chevy conversion and had a question on its operation. I heard it runs only as needed based on vacuum, not continously. Is that vacuum sensor internal in the pump, or is part of the truck?

OK, so I bought a new one of these and all should be good right??......WRONG. Trying to find that very specific plug that goes into it and no luck so far. Its a round plug with two tiny pins. I went to the local pull a part hoping that it was a common plug with some other connection used by ford but no luck, and of course no superduty's ever end up in a pull a part.

I googled the heck out of it and it keeps showing Motorcraft part number WPT169 which based on pictures it does not appear it should work, its a 4 prong with different molded shapes that seems to be used for the AC.

So for you superduty guys, do you know if this connection was common with any other connectors on the truck or have a part number? Or even better yet....know of any totalled out superduty's to rob a connector off of?

Last edited:

Appears to be the same as the 99-04 trucks used for the alternator harness. Call your ford dealer with that connector number. They service most of them.

Or I will call them if you have no luck.

Thanks!! I am traveling at the moment, but will be back tomorrow. I will see if I can track down the part.

I really want the plug since the two wire prongs are tiny and a small bump could break them without the support of the plug.

Back