1040 RWHP With EFI

Sorry for the delayed posting...it turned into a late night for good reasons. One of the guys in our group went to the finals in ET and I had a lot of friends pulling which was at the end.

Yes, I did dyno the setup before. With a smarty TNT is 1057 and 1816, but this was on a completely different dyno. Also this run was done with 50 degree ambient temps at an elevation of 150' above sea level. The run yesterday was done at 997' above sea level and an ambient of 86.58 degrees and not a fan blowing on it. Now the 1057 pull, that was after about 2 hours of dialing the truck in a tweaking things. This 1040 pull was the first pull EVER with ATP EFI tuning :rockwoot:.

I am working on setting up an appointment in the next two to three weeks where I can rent a dyno and have Rob on call so we can really tune this thing. I know it has more in it...all it needs is some time.

The setup with the smarty was less than ideal. It was a complete smoke pig, and surged at lower rpms no matter how I had it setup. With EFI the tuning/power is so much smoother! It drives like a completely different truck! The smarty would actually through too much fuel down low for and start drowing the turbo and hinder my bottom end spooling.

I towed my 4,000lb 12kgvw trailer that had a small 5,000lb load on it with his street tune and my truck loved it. Very little smoke and EGTs were easy to control.

Will put up second post with more info.

Awesome dyno run to see in person. Once again I was drooling over the truck and didn't take a video of the run. Congrats!

Thanks man! Yea my GF (who I love dearly) slacked on here normal video duties. So I dont have a vid either.

It was great, Scott for Mass Diesel said this was the hieghest HP truck ever on his dyno. Previous best was 1020rwhp.

Also, one thing to note is the truck is lifted on 35" mud tires on 20" chrome rims which is what it dyno'd with.

The setup is pretty straight forward:
ED S400 framed 66mm charger - Chris can give any one the specs.
ED external gate - Still getting it dialed in
FLux 4.7
Industrial Injection Dual Fuelers
Arp 625
Hamilton 110 valve springs and push rods
Wicked Coolant bypass
Stainless T4 Manifold
Built trans of course
NX dual stage progressive system
AND
ATP EFI Live Tuning

Of course it has other supporting mods like gauges, LP, track bars etc.

Also, I need to thank Lloyd at Midatlantic Diesel for all the help in putting this combination together.

It is my birthday today, and need to step out for a bit. I will get the dyno sheet up today. Sorry for the delay on the sheet.

Paul

Yup, it is for sale only because I found another CR project that will put 1040rwp to shame, hopefully run 9's while being a street driven truck all with EFI tuning. If I was a betting man, I would say this truck is sticking around but nothing ventured nothing gained.

It is also on this site.

Paul

Last edited:
The setup with the smarty was less than ideal. It was a complete smoke pig, and surged at lower rpms no matter how I had it setup. With EFI the tuning/power is so much smoother! It drives like a completely different truck! The smarty would actually through too much fuel down low for and start drowing the turbo and hinder my bottom end spooling.

This what I like to hear

Not doubting, but

Are these numbers normal for a single 400 based 2.6 charger?

seems high to me for fuel only, giggle gas would put it at the 1040 no doubt...If it is infact 1040 on fuel with the single s4 then that is very awesome!

Congrats!

I would say your dyno lied if you made 1040 on fuel.. like he said Chris turbo has made 950 that's on a stupid built motor.. I've seen a truck make 1160 with a 2.6 but it hangs with 800hp trucks on the track...I would verify fuel only or spray.

yeah. me to. sounds a little much for fuel only.

Tho, I suppose it depends on how early the power is made in the rpm band but it could of peeked that high. The average HP over the entire power band can't be near 1000fuel only.

Last edited:
Ian not calling BS or anything just saying what chris told me. Iam ready to get efi and on a dyno. The way my truck is running right now dyno would suck. Lol

The run was does with nitrous. I should have told y'all that. Chris told me this charger has put down 850 already. I have not dyno'd it fuel only with efi, but like I said I am making plans to rent a dyno for an extended amount of time and have Rob kinda on call to make changes.

With the smarty the truck would put down high 600 to mid 700 depending on rail pressure. The other issue we had fuel only was getting the gate dialed in, it would always open too early on fuel but was great on the juice. That being said I know I left some hp on the table fuel only but when I cracked the bottle it made up for it ;-).

This is a true 2.6 - 66mm charger. It is not a clipped wheel or billet material.

It is a stock long block with the exception of studs, push rods and valve springs. It still has the stock intake horn, grid heater, intercooler etc. Still has a stock mls gasket in here to.

Over all I am very happy with the truck and I appreciate all the coments. I will get that dyno sheet posted tonight when I get home...I am on my phone now.

Paul

Happy Birthday, Nice number! Some of these posts kinda sound like "1040... that's it?" I'm glad to see that EFI Live made some big numbers that almost match what you got with your previous tuner, without the benifit of being fine tuned yet, and improved drivability on the truck. keep us posted on the progress.

Paul has been testing the street tunes for a while and we've been dialing them in. Drivability is the tough part of tuning. Tight converter, huge sticks, turbo chioce, large tires, so I wanted Paul to be able to use the truck like a truck.

Paul mentioned he was going to an event and had a goal. We already had decent street manors, so HP was added (easy part). This was the first tune I sent him for any kind of HP. Remotely send via email. Now we'll get some logs and look at things and fine tune from here as we have a decent base line.

Back