Insight on how to make an old VW Rabbit diesel fast...

Those guys act like they know WTF they are talking about, I look for Todd to be putting a turbo and intercooler into the wabbit yet LOL

(Mr. Obvious) The folks on TDIClub.com are VERY conservative.

I have a good friend whose old Rabbit pickup made ~120hp to the wheels on the dyno. It was a 1.6 IDI NA that he slapped a turbo on and installed a cranked 1.6L turbo diesel injection pump.

That same 1.6 IDI ate a head gasket in a record 500' of driving it down the road after we put a VE pump from a 4BT (that Piers cranked up...) on it. :)

It idled like a 2-stroke Detroit and smoked like a tire fire while it lasted...

Matt

I did a little reading, and joined yet another forum :bang

But methinks I will have a weally fast wabbit twuck shortly :evil I bought Todd's project truck and a rabbit car out of the local junkyard for motor acc. Turns out the motor in the car most likely is gonna run......and it has a turbo on it :evil :evil :evil

I just joined the forums at www.vwdiesel.NET

The folks on that site are not conservative at all. One guy on there named Blake "hillfolk'r" has a '79 Rabbit with a 1.9L TDI. He's running a mechanical VE pump on it and a Holset HY-35...it runs 14's in the 1/4-mile.

Matt

I noticed his handle, and the fact that he likes to talk go fast as much as I do :evil

Joined up myself last night to vwdiesel.net, not the TDI club. Nothing against the TDI club, but methinks the folks at vwdiesel are a bit more my type of folks :D

Holeshot said:
I just joined the forums at www.vwdiesel.NET

The folks on that site are not conservative at all. One guy on there named Blake "hillfolk'r" has a '79 Rabbit with a 1.9L TDI. He's running a mechanical VE pump on it and a Holset HY-35...it runs 14's in the 1/4-mile.

Matt
I can imagine that out of the 1" tailpipe they had!:evil
They were like the Isuzu pu's were smoked enough to need a turbo!LOL

Back