P-pump 24V side entrance manifold

little6cylinder

Everything is "fixable"
I didn't want to run a top entrance(stock location) manifold and I couldn't find a side entrance manifold for a p-pump 24 valve so I bought a flange from Greg at ZZ and made my own. The top piece, Rear piece, and the angled piece on the side are 3/16", the rest is 1/8". I figured all the other pieces are either small enough or have enough bends to not balloon(hopefully). It's all fully welded inside and out so hopefully I wont have any leaks. I still need to get the flange machined flat before powder coat. It's very close but I don't want to be chasing boost leaks so better safe than sorry. I'm by no means a professional welder so take it easy on me. Let me know what you think or what I need to change before I'm fighting this thing in chassis.When I welded the flange onto the manifold I just welded small sections at a time but also drilled all 16 holes into a piece of 1/2" plate to dissipate heat and try and keep the flange from distorting. In the 6th picture you can see where I had to clearance the under side for 3 of the bolts.
1EBC7C14.jpg

0579C602.jpg

7D18FF02.jpg

EF528A68.jpg

6ED02DED.jpg

2859BD4F.jpg

09C78F41.jpg

EE1A5957.jpg

Would have used a v band flange and positioned the 45* toward the front of the truck, so long as packing space allowed. Other than that looks damn good, I like it.

looks great and i dont see anything wrong with the welds.

Thanks, it took a while to get everything clean.
Would have used a v band flange and positioned the 45* toward the front of the truck, so long as packing space allowed. Other than that looks damn good, I like it.

Thanks, I was thinking about a v-band as well. I still might change it. Do you know where I can get 3 1/2" v-band with an o-ring?

Last edited:
Yea, my machine shop showed me the piece of the head they cut off and the manifold is a hell of a lot bigger then that so I hope it's enough. It's as big as I could make it.

Thanks, I think I'm gonna cut the flange off and use a v-band. I'll post some more pictures after that. And after powder coat. Opinions on colors? Every piece of aluminum on the engine is polished except the valve cover. Every fitting is anodized blue or red. No brass fittings, no steel fittings. The block is Cummins apex red.

hard to tell by the pics. just make sure you can take your OFV out with it on the head. made that mistake myself before. got it all on and then i couldnt remove the return line and OFV because the runner was too close. had to remove the pump.:lolly: i felt like an idiot. looks like your fine but just check.

hard to tell by the pics. just make sure you can take your OFV out with it on the head. made that mistake myself before. got it all on and then i couldnt remove the return line and OFV because the runner was too close. had to remove the pump.:lolly: i felt like an idiot. looks like your fine but just check.

Thanks, I didn't even think to check that. :Cheer:

Thanks, I think I'm gonna cut the flange off and use a v-band. I'll post some more pictures after that. And after powder coat. Opinions on colors? Every piece of aluminum on the engine is polished except the valve cover. Every fitting is anodized blue or red. No brass fittings, no steel fittings. The block is Cummins apex red.
How many hours do you have in it?

Back