scary larry or smarty tnt

REDDUALLIE

FAST IS FUN
i am running the scary larry progam now , but i am thinking about switching over to the smarty tnt tune. what is you guys opinion

You should try it out before buying if possible. I did and Ive stayed with BD. I think different mods do better with different programs.. After my twins Im going to try my biddies TNT again

you just have to try it out man....ive run both and i liked both, but im running the smarty for good. it just feels like smoother power to me!

My bro went from BD to Smarty. The Smarty is way smoother, way faster, stronger & egts are down. Bobs offer is great!!! You gotta try the Smarty, unreal.

Pat and Big Swole- I'll pass the word along about the BDTD. My roommate had a smarty and then tried Crazy Larry 2.4.1 and likes it a lot better on his 07. (his mods: 90hp nozzles, Airdog, Silver 62, Suncoast trans, Diablo Puck, intake, and exhaust) His Smarty TNT was slow to spool his Silver 62 and bogged down in fuel too much. Yes, he could turn it to 7 but it wasn't nearly as strong. Crazy Larry 2.4.1 has a better top end than his Smarty and spools twice as fast. We turned on to a street earlier this week with the Smarty. He had already got straight before the turbo even spooled. With crazy larry on the same corner, the truck was spinning 1/4 way through the turn and then held us sideways through the turn and down the street.

I always prefered BDTD on my 05 compared to Smarty, but I liked PPE HOT best. PPE HOT screams through the middle and top end.

REDDUALLIE....don't go spend your money yet, go try a Smarty and PPE HOT first. Scary Larry is very hard to beat on an 05. $.02

Yup yup, I'm the one with the 07 and currently have a borrowed Bullydog on my truck. I loved smarty before the new turbo, but for some reason, on my truck, it almost drowns in fuel off the bottom with my new turbo. I've played with the smarty settings as much as possible, tried puck on all three settings, but with the smarty on 8 or 9, it takes forever to spool. Smarty is strong, don't get me wrong, but it's tough to drive around town unless I've got it turned down, and whats the fun in that? BDTD fits me better, easier to drive and still stout up top.

You should try it out before buying if possible. I did and Ive stayed with BD. I think different mods do better with different programs.. After my twins Im going to try my biddies TNT again

what are the rest of your mods? I love my Smarty, but with my twins and small injectors, it's kinda soggy/doggy without the TST turned up a little :eek:

I Will know Monday , I have been using a Diablo Predator race tune and a Dr Performance box that is their custom race box ,
and the best so far with the SB66 and 29 lpm injectors was 946 with one .125 of NX.
I installed a SB72 and accidently had the hard working guys at the dealership install the wrong tight convertor .

It with the TNT REVO on 3 was a beast , the EGT were 270 degrees cooler thru the traps , but the times were terrible due to the convertor, but with a .090 NX jet the mph was right up there . so its more power

I have been doing a little running on the street with the TNT REVO R to get the shifts right. The added RPM is really the key, I had 3780 with the Diablo, but this pulls full fuel above 4000 with ease . I cant stand some people, that made me have to jump thru hoop , and go around to the back to get the tune , but I will tell you it’s the real deal, and the RPM needs to be raised from there .

Ill see you at CrewGirls Dyno at Dr Perfromance in a few weeks

I Will know Monday , I have been using a Diablo Predator race tune and a Dr Performance box that is their custom race box ,
and the best so far with the SB66 and 29 lpm injectors was 946 with one .125 of NX.
I installed a SB72 and accidently had the hard working guys at the dealership install the wrong tight convertor .

It with the TNT REVO on 3 was a beast , the EGT were 270 degrees cooler thru the traps , but the times were terrible due to the convertor, but with a .090 NX jet the mph was right up there . so its more power

I have been doing a little running on the street with the TNT REVO R to get the shifts right. The added RPM is really the key, I had 3780 with the Diablo, but this pulls full fuel above 4000 with ease . I cant stand some people, that made me have to jump thru hoop , and go around to the back to get the tune , but I will tell you it’s the real deal, and the RPM needs to be raised from there .

Ill see you at CrewGirls Dyno at Dr Perfromance in a few weeks

Greg has the off the shelf TNT tune available here

http://www.madselectronics.com/DsclmrTNT_S06.html

Yes it is a great software but not the /R :thankyou2:

Back