6.2 turbo

dirty12

Finallly got my little brothers truck running this past weekend. I rebuilt the motor and put a 6.5 turbo on it. Sucker runs great but i have ran into a few problems. The truck is an 85 chevy K 30 which is a 1 ton. The problem is there is no place to put the down pipe and the cross over tube is to low and the front drive shaft is going to hit it. Anybody have any pic s of there set up s thanks

The right there is the reason most people do not put the 6.5 turbo setups in the 73-87 body style trucks. It requires more fabrication, I've only heard of one person doing it myself, but I'm sure there are others.

If you used the factory 6.5 stuff from the newer body trucks, you found the drawbacks. Most guys just use the manifolds and make the crossover pipe and downpipe. DP's usually hit the heater/AC box, and you found the crossover pipe problem. There aren't any easy replacement parts I know of, like I said, everyone usually makes them or has "muffler house", etc. bend them up something.
Mike

I put a HE351Ve VGT on my 85 K20 with a 6.2 and I ran my cross over under the front driveshaft right in front of the trans crossmember. As for the downpipe I had to run a hood stack, the only other option is body lift. Hope that helps!

you got a couple of options. custom crossover to clear driveshaft is #1.
you also need a 2" bodylift to get the downpipe out, or run it out the fenderwell and outside the frame.
Otherwise, you can call banks and they'll sell you their manifold only for just under $200. no easy way to do it really. had the bodylift and custom crossover setup in mine before I went to the cummins.

i made my own dp used 3inch to the frame then got ss flex pipe, it fit but it was tight. as for the cross over i used flexpipe there also, these where temperary until i could get some bent but sold it before i made nice ones

Back