Chevrolet Colorado 2.5L Duramax race pickup truck.

tall boy

We done this Chevrolet Colorado together with Peak powershop in Bangkok.

The engine it self is standard including the injector and hi pressure fuelpump. The only modifications done to this engine so far are the low pressure fuel feed system and turbocharger.

We mange to get a lot better engine response and where able to pull out 350Hp and 700Nm for a short time as the commonrail pump can not supply the fuel pressure to support this power.
Also a other type of turbocharger is needed and we hope this will give the engine a lot more low end power as we could not run a lot of boost in the low RPM as we where hitting the surge line of the compressor very hard.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USONQmSIeyc"]Chevrolet Colorado 2.5L race car on the dyno 350Hp 709Nm - YouTube[/ame]

Foto-INDWQTNP.jpg

Foto-BGHEMKEM.jpg

Foto-BAPHJHKZ.jpg

Foto-LJ4Q4TJJ.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe this will help as it will come to the US after some time.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSqAoarFZBs"]All New Chevrolet Colorado Revealed to the World 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Other good news can be that the 2.5L and 2.8L Duramax engine used in this car can pump out some serious Horsepower and we think we can make an upgrade kit for the Jeep Wrangler 2.8 GRD as well as it almost the same engine.

What is that cover over the turbo? Air filter? If you look closely it seems like it starts spinning as boost is brought up

Does anybody have a way to import one of these motors and ECM? I checked eBay and can't find anything! I'd love to drop one of these in the Jeep instead of a 4bt!

Well that cover on the turbo is the air filter and if it stays on there for long it will fall off as it not a very good quality. Hope they will convert the air intake to the front of the car so it will get some colder air in.

Well this Chevrolet has almost the same VM engine as the Jeep. I use the same ECU configuration as on the Jeep and it started up first time.
The Chevrolet engine now has solenoid injectors and we converted the Jeep 2.8 from piezo to solenoid injectors begin 2011.

Question is can we upgrade the Jeep VM engine from piezo to solenoid, yes it can be done and the from the Chevrolet ECU or ECM has no lookup for ABS as it dos not have it on some models so what left to find out what will the dashboard do and ignition key transponder.
The accelerator response on both Jeep or Chevrolet is slow or indirect so Peak powershop ask me to install an other diesel ECU so I did and maybe we can come up with a Can converter as this ECU dos have serial communication so the dashboard get some of the functions back working. On most projects we install a race dashboard so we don’t worry about the OEM one to get it to work.

I did have a test drive in the car and it’s fast on acceleration for a pickup. If you did not know any better you would think it’s a petrol car as this turbo comes in real hard.

Foto-GMKPC7KZ.jpg

Foto-HO8YY7FV.jpg

Foto-HQ3WIENZ.jpg

Last edited:
hi tall boy, i own a colorado aswell. a 3L 4JJ1 version, but stock ecu. interesting swap on ecu, sounds like a bit involved, what piggyback are u running? or are u reflashing it?

What compressor and turbine are u running and egt?

cheers

Back