Grille build

Up date, here is the lens pattern this is the final shape and the mold I made off of it to forum the plug that is used to vacuum form the lens. The plug will be made out of urethane
and has to be two piece do to the back cut or the lens wont come off the plug after forming.
DSC02214_zpsbx80vsb0.jpg

This shot shows back of the pattern foam and bondo
DSC02205_zpswae7mrfv.jpg

Today I cast the plug off of the mold, this plug is two piece so I can draw it out after vacuum forming This is cast out of 2 part urethane and gets rock hard. Next step is to mount it on a pedestal.
DSC02219_zpscl2f03rq.jpg

DSC02225_zps6wllqz4n.jpg

Last edited:
Working on the other lens pattern, Here's a shot of the plug in the vacuum former I picked up to make parts with.
DSC02233_zpsrveb3gtc.jpg

So I definitely want you to build me some custom 2nd Gen headlights. Your truly a master craftsman and I'm jealous as h3ll! Awesome work my man.

Still at it, first pull using .080 to see if there are any problems to address before I go on to
the .125 and .187. I have webbing in the two corners but that was expected . Cut out and taped in place
DSC02234_zpsymqogoua.jpg

DSC02241_zpsy7utrrdu.jpg

Set in the truck for a look see.
DSC02243_zpsaldmtuvg.jpg

Shot of the two lens in the plexiglass before cutting them out , after cutting them out they have to be annealed.
DSC02266_zpslvcf7occ.jpg

I tried to remove this one with out annealing but the corner cracked short cuts don't all ways work out.
DSC02268_zps24j7lvta.jpg

Im still at it the plexiglass lens keep cracking there just to brittle so Im going to Lexon but as of now I have lenses to mock it all together.
DSC02282_zpslzimuc49.jpg

here's the look
Removing the hump in the center of the hood to the grille and I removed the lip on the front
of the hood
DSC02285_zpsqopxc2fr.jpg

Glued the front edge on with panel bond
DSC02329_zps7tqnknam.jpg

grille mounted, still need to be tweaked But I'm getting there.
DSC02315_zpsuug1jchb.jpg

Put the lower air dam for a look see, I believe I have met my objective to make it tall like the 3rd gens up and getting rid of the wide skinny look
DSC02335_zpsufu9ekch.jpg

Back