12Valve/CR Head P-Pump Combo

Rockin S

Is anyone out there running a 12 valve block and crank with common rail head with P-Pump? Reason I ask Is a buddy has this setup running a colt stage 5.5 cam with an ED 2.6 Map groove, It will not stay on top of the charger, I ran this block and crank with 12V head a few years ago and I never Snuffed out. This thing snuffs out bad.
4.88 Gears pulling in 4th
35" Truxus Tires
ED 2.6 .200 MG Turbo 1.32
12V block and crank
Common Rail Head
24 V Scheid Injectors
24V Pistons Fly Cut
Harts 13mm Ag Pump
Gear drive lift pump.
The thing is a total Pig and only time it Does not completely Snuff is if he pulls 3rd gear.

Im leaning towards the cam, Anyone have any input?

He is losing 4,000 rpm when the clutch is let out? What CC is the injector pump set too?

Not Sure, We have tried lowering it, Increasing it, No Change He is about 1300 to 1400 Degrees, and Also this is a different pump and pump didnt change it either.

Not to be nosy, but is the cam big enough to allow the head to breath enough to use all the fuel? Or maybe to big a cam for setup? To lose 4000 rpm is huge.. a video might help.

Its Possible, I did forget to mention that the Cam Retainer was broken in 4 pieces, I would think that could throw it off some

Guy that runs limited pro stock tractors in our area preachs degreeing cam in to 93.We have tried with good results just idea.

I'd say you ha e a major boost leak. And 6k on the line is a bit excessive, especially for a 4 valve

Back