Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- GM > GM Tech > LBZ GM Duramax
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

LBZ GM Duramax Discussion of the Newest Generation Duramax and GM Trucks

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
Chucky797

Name: Chucky797
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Exterior lights

Good afternoon, I have recently had time to trouble shoot my headlight issue. While doing that I think i messed something up so my taillights stopped working also. they might have not been working from the beginning but I'm not 100% sure. While driving down the road my headlights would stop working but my high beams would still operate. That would require me to drive down the road blinding people, but the low beams would start working again after a little bit. Like i said, today i was messing around and working on trying to figure it all out and noticed my taillights weren't working also. Here are several scenarios of what i did and if they worked or not, and if you could point me in the direction to see what the part that is bad might be.

1. Headlight switch in auto, ambient sensor uncovered, lights don't work. Just like how it is supposed to operate.

2. Headlight switch in park, ambient sensor uncovered, parking lights turn on, no dash lights. Work part way.

3. Headlight switch in driving lights, ambient sensor uncovered, no headlights, no dash lights. No exterior lights work except parking lights.

4. Headlight switch in auto, ambient sensor covered. Headlights work, taillights work, dash lights work.

5. Headlight switch in park, ambient sensor covered. Headlights work, taillights work, dash lights work. They headlights should turn off, does not work correctly.

I should also say that with the sensor covered and i turn it to shut all lights off they remain on. If anyone could point me in the right direction on what to replace would be greatly appreciated. I am leaning toward the headlight switch. The only things i could think of being the cause of the problem would be the sensor, switch, or BCM. I am hoping it is not the BCM.

Thanks for the help. Truck is a 2007 classic 2500.

Prior vehicles.
2009 trailblazer ss
2005 Ford F250 6.0. Tune, exhaust, intake, 58mm non-vgt turbo, leveling kit.
2006 Chevy 1500. Intake, 7in lift, 35's 4.56 gears, tune

Old 06-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
JD4440

Name: JD4440
Title: Stuck @ 508
Member`s Gallery
Sounds like maybe the dash sensor is overriding the switch. I'd try a known good dash switch.
508hp/1100tq, 12.26 @ 107.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentnell :
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
Chucky797

Name: Chucky797
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
are you talking about the headlight switch that you can control the auto, park, and headlights? or are you thinking of the ambient light sensor up by the windshield?

Prior vehicles.
2009 trailblazer ss
2005 Ford F250 6.0. Tune, exhaust, intake, 58mm non-vgt turbo, leveling kit.
2006 Chevy 1500. Intake, 7in lift, 35's 4.56 gears, tune

Closed Thread