Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #1
skilletky

Name: skilletky
Title: i love lamp
Member`s Gallery
ECM issue?

ive got a 3.9L common rail ISB that is giving me some trouble. truck would not start. truck sat for 2 days before i could look at it.
with the key on engine off, i was getting code 2215. has fresh fuel filters, CP3 is less than a year old, injectors are not leaking, and all fuel lines/fittings are good.
i could crank the engine, and get 0psi rail pressue, then after about 8 seconds of cranking, would build enough rail pressure to pop the rail pressure relief valve, then go back to 0psi. FCA duty cycle was reading 1586%.i checked the FCA plug and i was getting battery voltage at the FCA. im guessing since the FCA had battery voltage to it, the pump was just building pressure behind it, and once it got enough pressure to overcome the FCA, it released it all at once to the fuel rail. i left the FCA unplugged so i could start the truck and move it into my shop. once i got it into the shop, everything was, and still is, working fine. i pulled the engine wire harness out and went through it and everything was fine. could the FCA driver in the ECM be bad and randomly sending battery voltage to the FCA? or i am overlooking something else that could cause this?
-01 2wd dually, 6x.016's, 188/220 cam, pee pumped, CPP hot street DV's, #5 plate, FASS220 ,stg3 snow performance, valair triple disk, 64 over 75, arp625's, 110 Springs,o ringed head,26* timing, redneck maxed 215 pump
-95 f250 xlt 7.3, ts6

Old 11-22-2016, 01:20 PM   #2
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
We have seen a lot of issues with the connection at the FCA. Seems like when you unplugged it, then plugged it back in, it made a difference.
Cummins has pigtails available for replacement.

3164098 is the part #

Old 11-22-2016, 01:54 PM   #3
skilletky

Name: skilletky
Title: i love lamp
Member`s Gallery
i unplugged and plugged the FCA back in several times, before i left it unplugged to get it into the shop, with no change. either way, im gonna order a few plugs. i appreciate the part number.

i didnt get how it had an active 2215 code with the engine not running and the key on. im gonna swap ECM's and let them run it for a while and see how it does. this has been one of my better running trucks until saturday
-01 2wd dually, 6x.016's, 188/220 cam, pee pumped, CPP hot street DV's, #5 plate, FASS220 ,stg3 snow performance, valair triple disk, 64 over 75, arp625's, 110 Springs,o ringed head,26* timing, redneck maxed 215 pump
-95 f250 xlt 7.3, ts6

Old 11-22-2016, 03:57 PM   #4
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
If you have an ECM to swap, go for it. I'm betting on the plug.

Closed Thread