Snap-on cordless impacts

I've rebuilt the front end on my 88 Ford Bronco using my 1/2" Cordless Snap on. One battery is enough to take apart one side and put it back together. I haven't used my air impact since I bought it.

I really really like it.

I have milwaukee, and I have snap on. Will the milwaukee do the job, probably, are they in the same league? NO WAY. I would put my 3/8" snap on with a good charge, will do the job of the 1/2" milwaukee.

X2

I have both as well, and I say that all the time. My little 3/8" drive SO will do just as much as my massive 18v 1/2" drive Milwaukee. Not to mention the speed of the SO, way faster.

I have a 1/2 snap-on cordless impact and its awsome. Seems to hold up well and not made in china. I work on some heavy equipment like cranes and only wished they made a 3/4 drive version with a little more power.

My former boss has a 3/8 snap on impact. I thought it was way overpriced compared to others, but I will say it would spin off lugnuts on any vehicle that wasn't way overtightened or rusty.. So it definitely had balls. I've never used another brand..

I'd say that the quality is definitely top notch with Snap On. And, he's used it enough to rub the anodizing off the nose cone and it's still goin strong, as are the batteries... THAT says volumes.

I've a Snap-On 1/2 18v impact. Use it all the time. So far I have not had a single issue with it and it makes changing pivot tires on a circle system a breeze. Especially when one has been on for years mixed with the calcium and sand deposits building up on the studs of the wheel. It will break them loose every time.

I have 1/2" snap on 18v have two black nicad battery. In have a lithum sent in for warranty. I use it all the time. Fixing to get 3/8 impact. Snap on is hard to beat.

I'm probably going to be pulling the trigger on the purchase of one of these Snap On cordless impacts soon too. I'm still in school and can get one for about $321 with two standard batteries. Have heard nothing but good about them (with the old style batteries).

I have used the 18v Makitas, Milwakees and Dewalts and 14.4 Snapon 3/8 impacts. The Snapon by far has more power then the others. It has as much power as some of the other brand 1/2" impacts. Use it for everything I can get to it with and get pissed when it wont fit somewhere and I have to get something else out of the box.

i bought a couple dewalt sets for around the shop and so far i like them i don't use to loosen anything to big or tight mostly cosmetic stuff out of the way to get into the engine. and i like it alot.

Love my 1/2 in snap on cordless impact you couldnt find another cordless impact that had 600 ft lbs breakaway at the time i bought it. I use it everyday never any problems. I also use a Dewalt 12v 3/8 impact not the most powerful but it so compact you can get it pretty much anywhere. Just my .02

i have the 3/8" snap on and use it almost anywhere i would use a 1/2" impact, but i came across the new IR 1/2" in a tool magazine we get down at work and it claims to be just as powerful as their 1/2" titanium impact.

Back