Who is running a VGT on 2nd gen 24 Valve and how do you like it ????

12v's and 06-07 5.9s The 6.7 deal is really just a boost controller, its a little different than VGT controllers. When we finish the 06-07 controllers we should be able to use them on 6.7 applications.

I've seen all those threads but it's easy to get lost in the endless discussion and most focus on mechanical operation of the vanes. I think a quick "How do you like it" thread such as this hits the spot! The others barely touch on the Fleece controller, from what I've seen. I for one am interested in throwing a VGT on my 24v and go with the Fleece controller but a little more feedback would be great.

I guess I should have clarified. My snippy remark was for the guy who posted right above me and not about the thread itself. Sorry for any confusion.

12v's and 06-07 5.9s The 6.7 deal is really just a boost controller, its a little different than VGT controllers. When we finish the 06-07 controllers we should be able to use them on 6.7 applications.

estimate when the 12valve controller will be ready? thanks

Currently we do not have a tenative timeline on 12v controllers, we want to push thru the 06-07 trucks first, and then we will try to develope something for 12v trucks.

Hey Thanks CARPENCA for the info, if nothing else this thread will get you guys some PR on the product. Is there a specific year of the HE351 that I need ?

I will be doing this swap pretty soon and plan on posting up some before and after stuff like mpg's, EGT's, Boost, etc....

I will be doing this swap pretty soon and plan on posting up some before and after stuff like mpg's, EGT's, Boost, etc....

Please do!! I'm thinking of selling my S400 I had bought to do twins and going 351VGT. Curious on the cost of the fleece controller...I cant find it on there website? :bang

Maybe it works well, but a $595 Controller on a $75.00 turbo seems weird!

I have have a He351ve on my 98 12 valve, turbo spools very quick!
Anyone with a controller of any kind, do you mind doing a test for me, how much boost are you seeing at 1500 rpm? (lugging the truck in Overdrive with Lock Up) Like that I'm seeing 30 psi at 1500 psi and right after that its at 40 psi, where I set it.
My torque converter hates me! RPM goes from 1400 RPM to 2000 in a blink of an eye! turbo is spooled WELL(25 psi) at 1400 rpm
Im at almost 7000 feet elevation

So anyone minds to test?

Last edited:
Tell me your on CompD when you call and Ill sell it to you for $595.00

I looked on the Fleece website and all I find are dmax parts. I'm interested in a VGT controller for my 24v with the exhaust brake function. Can you send me some info on that and also a price? Thanks

There not on the website, our website suffers from neglect. Its either spend time updating the website or we develope more cool kid stuff....;-) We currently offer the Holset VGT controller for 98.5-05 Cummins trucks. These are plug and play controllers that are infinetly tuneable to your setup. You can tune them realtime via a laptop and USB hook up allowing you to tailor the chargers characteristics to fit the way you want it to react. Its as simple as reading an Excel table and changing the closure percentage value of the vanes for a specified RPM and Fuel quantity. In the real-time tuning the cell the controller is looking to relay its demands for the turbo is highlighted in the table, so if it seems laggy at that point you can just punch in a higher closure percentage in that cell, save it, and it will immediatly adjust it. Clear as mud?

Our retail price for walk ins on this controller is $625 with the Exhaust brake option, but if you ask for Caleb and mention your on CompD when you call and order, Ill sell it to you for $595.

Last edited:
f
Our retail price for walk ins on this controller is $625 with the Exhaust brake option, but if you ask for Caleb and mention your on CompD when you call and order, Ill sell it to you for $595.

Caleb was nice speaking to you yesterday, thanks for all the info would love to have that setup its just not in the budget currently. Maybe later this year...has me seriously giving up the twins idea....

carpenca is there any provision in the controller to "exercise" the vanes through their full range in order to reduce chances of them hanging up due to soot accumulation? Does turning the knob full range essentially do this?

Back