Monster stage 2 .......sadness

csutton7

ok lads it was a disappointing Saturday for the pump and I---I got the truck running on Thursday--now I wanted to be up at the J&H event Thursday to change out the convertor, so you know I wasn't the happiest camper on Thursday--so Friday I drive to work as I can't leave early Friday either, so things are sinkin' fast for me---I hook up my REDLINE and guess what it doesn't work--it's fried---so now I have no box, no looser convertor and just my old original B1 as a set up---so now I know that I won't even be able to show what this pump can do, but all I can do is dyno on injectors---so I did and laid down a whopping 366HP ---pulled off and swapped in the stage 2 and fired it up ---idled rough, but I expected that, but after revving it up the roughness never leaves---now I rev it a few times and we are looking at each other like what the *&% is this---turns out the pump has a problem---it won't produce enough pressure to pop #1 injector, but to be sure I take and swap out #1 for #4 injector to make sure it's not an injector---it's not, it's a bad pump---so now I have to put back in the HRVP pump----yes I was extremely happy---so that was my test for the new stage 2 pump from Dave's Diesel---BIG FAILURE--I talked to Rick from DD this morning and he's a little surprised and it will be going back for surgery---I have to thank Troy from J&H for being a major help in the swaps and willyslover also---so my luck continues--chris

Well crap. I was hooping to see some good stuff. I hope you get it all lined out soon!

me too--I'm still waiting for my stage 3 though, but crap I've been getting my kneecaps broken everytime I do something--getting frustrated--the next frustration will be turbo or turbos---no wait I still need the loose convertor---still need to figure out weight reduction---ah crap pass me a beer please---chris

Well Chris I have been there and done that :bang I hope your luck takes a turn for the better. :Cheer:

It's funny the things that you don't even realize are going on around the pits while you're working on your own thing. ie- being locked out of a rig lol.

I hope your truck comes back together, and being that it's going in for surgery and I'm a nurse, if I could help, I would lol, but I don't think gauze and triple antibiotic ointment will help out in this situation.

It was so nice finally meeting you after seeing posts and talking to you on here!

the pump may be beyond repair---seems in a fit of frustration it's not as tough as my 16lb sledge hammer---must've been the 50th whack that did it in----nah I'm kidding, but if I would've found one I may have tried to adjust its internals via an external massage!!!

yea I saw the locked part also--even made a comment that I wouldn't post anything, but since the cat's out of the bag I guess I can join in---there was a look of embarrasment on a certain lady's face---names will not be revealed, right Nat????

likewise it was nice to meet and talk although it was very briefly---where'd you guys stay????? we were at the RED LION drinkin tea til the wee hours on both Friday and Sat-----chris

Chris, again sorry to her about your trouble. I hope Rick takes care of you. I was hoping something like this wasn't going to happen with someone else's pumps but I guess s**t happens... Your in the same boat I am in though. Put new injectors, crossovers etc on the truck and the tranny goes south... Can't even haul a load of dirt up a hill.... And the twins as not going as well as planned but you know who to call to try adn get things straightened out. Maybe I should grab a flight to CA to help ya out and grab a beer with ya LOL.

csutton7 said:
the pump may be beyond repair---seems in a fit of frustration it's not as tough as my 16lb sledge hammer---must've been the 50th whack that did it in----nah I'm kidding, but if I would've found one I may have tried to adjust its internals via an external massage!!!

yea I saw the locked part also--even made a comment that I wouldn't post anything, but since the cat's out of the bag I guess I can join in---there was a look of embarrasment on a certain lady's face---names will not be revealed, right Nat????

lol poor Natty can't take credit for that intelligent move, luckily neither can I and I can totally blame it on my mom lol. She got out of the truck and the keys were sitting on the middle console and didn't realize the doors were locked, so she shut the door lol. gah, I told her she's banned from pulls anymore :hehe: :bang

likewise it was nice to meet and talk although it was very briefly---where'd you guys stay????? we were at the RED LION drinkin tea til the wee hours on both Friday and Sat-----chris

Dangit! I knew we shoulda wandered over to the Red Lion. We were slummin it next door at the Roachtel 6 lol. Natty was in bed and crashed on saturday night by 11. I was itchin to go out! I'll exchange numbers next time so I can call and see where the party's at lol

for the sake of the builders of these pumps i hope they start working better (and not just darren's)

This is the second internal failure i have heard of, and a bunch of disappointing dyno runs, and something was wrong with the guy I saw in person that had one, because it would idle like a sick cammed big block, but it couldn't make any smoke and the power when pulling was less than impressive.

I'm think the internal tollerance's are just too tight to make a reliable pump, it's been tried before, with no success, not saying it isn't possible , but im doubting it. Vp44 boys are just gonna have to accept it or P pump it.

getblown59---do you know where these other pumps have come from---which vendor???---would be interesting to see if there's something going on here vendor wise or is it pump wise-----I know some have failed due to truck set up, but that's not my case it was bad from the get go ---it actually started fine after bleeding the air a couple of times, but that was its only saving grace after that it was like a nun at a hooker convention--chris

Pangela----yep ya should've come over we stayed up until 3:30 on Friday and I think it was 4:30 on Sat----chris

Chris, you know without a doubt I'm really starting to wonder, espeically with yout whole situation going on. I know with the ones we have run there have been no problems or than one the manufacturer put on a buddies truck which blew up becausee the guy said he had aftermarket injectors on it and only had stock ones. Theres a pull on the vid section of a stage 3 pulling. I only told certain people such as Chris and Adam and them them but I might as well open up to it now. I have a vid on there from Hagerstown, MD pickups and semis in which we vid one of my buddies trucks with a stage 3. It is the blue ext cab short box. For having trucks with 13mm pumps in front of it, we were suprised how well it ran. This also with a #6 stock line because the .093 broke that afternoon of the pull. That truck was the onyl truck driven in off the road also. I just can't figure out certain people are having problems and the rest of us are not... Its really not making sense. As I told Tim, I think something fishy is going on....

GSM-01 said:
Chris, you know without a doubt I'm really starting to wonder, espeically with yout whole situation going on. I know with the ones we have run there have been no problems or than one the manufacturer put on a buddies truck which blew up becausee the guy said he had aftermarket injectors on it and only had stock ones. Theres a pull on the vid section of a stage 3 pulling. I only told certain people such as Chris and Adam and them them but I might as well open up to it now. I have a vid on there from Hagerstown, MD pickups and semis in which we vid one of my buddies trucks with a stage 3. It is the blue ext cab short box. For having trucks with 13mm pumps in front of it, we were suprised how well it ran. This also with a #6 stock line because the .093 broke that afternoon of the pull. That truck was the onyl truck driven in off the road also. I just can't figure out certain people are having problems and the rest of us are not... Its really not making sense. As I told Tim, I think something fishy is going on....

You really need to see one on a track or a dyno to see what these things are really puttin out, there's so many variables in sled pullin as far as set up and technique you really cant judge off 1 hook.

yea the beers helped and then more beers and some rum and coke and more beers---a good ending to a bad day---was good to meet ya also----chris

I saw one last weekend stage 2 it done very well for first time out and he had a small charger

Back