VP Revo

Hello , To be able to update your smarty ecm tuner. Please follow these guidelines.

Start by right clicking on your desktop to create a new folder. Rename the new folder smarty.

You will need to download the driver to the smarty folder. Save the driver to the smarty folder http://www.madselectronics.com/downloadfiles/CDM_2.00.00.zip

You will need the smarty usb.exe This program allows you to update the smarty. Save this to the smart folder http://www.madselectronics.com/downloadfiles/SmartyUSB.exe

The driver and the software programs need to be extracted into the smarty folder using THIS extraction tool. http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z442.exe?download

Once you have the driver installed you can use the smarty usb.exe program to update the smarty software. Click on the smarty icon. Press run. You will now see a seen button. Before you hit the send button you need to load a program into the smarty usb.exe. Click on file. Open , look in the smarty folder to find the smte file to load into your smarty.

Load the file and press run. It will take about 8 minutes to update your smarty.

Thanks
Bob

Would level #9 with the timing set to stock be the same as level #8 (no added timing),...... a little confused.

I will try it again when I get home.The last link that you listed I have not tried.I got the Smarty icon to add the file but it would not add it in the box.
Thanks!

If you were to set your smarty on sw9 and set the adjustable options for timing to 0, you would be at the timing of the 'regular' sw9. If you adjust the option for timing, it gives more timing above what the sw9 timing is usually set at. I'm pretty sure that's how the manual reads...

Would level #9 with the timing set to stock be the same as level #8 (no added timing),...... a little confused.

Based on what I read in the manual, if you select #9 and set timing to 0, you get the same timing as regular #9.

If you set to the timing to 1, then you get stock timing. So I'm assuming this makes #9 = #8.

As for timing settings 2-4, I'm not sure which are more advanced than regular #9.

Yes you are right. I am mistaken. If you run sw9, the timing adjustments are as follows: 0=sw9 timing, 1=stock timing, 2=advanced timing, 3=more advanced, and 4='wild'. So you could run sw9 with the timing set at 1 which should be the same as sw8.

Ok, whats up with this.
I have been running SW6, timing default,duration 4, TQ6.
I uploaded some other settings and messed around. Then I went back to what I have above and now it lopes like crazy.

It sounds like a 12V with 30* of timing. Should I take it off or should I run it? It smooths out if I let it set or give it throttle in gear. If I free rev it after its been idling smooth it starts loping like a mother..and god forbid you put it in gear..its aplified by 10 and it actually killed the truck once...

what other settings did you upload to make it lope? i wanna make mine lope LOL

not really, but im wondering if it was adding a bunch of timing to make it do that.

It is on 6 so there is only stock timing, and whatever the ADR adds..I havn't driven it yet..all of this was just idleing and revving in my driveway..lol

Good info on what the #s represent. I was wondering if 4 or 6 equaled the normal programming, or if was above and beyond.

I'm going to mess with it later next month. I took the Smarty off my truck about a year ago trying to figure a few things out and never put it back.

The extraction tool was the missing component.Got it loaded,now need to finish the truck.
Thanks for the walk thru!!:rockwoot:

I programmed the truck this morning with the settings you described, and I am not experiencing the same things you are. But then again I don't have the ADR stack either. I will try running it with the PMAX3 later, but thats just more fuel....

I know the ADR changes the timing and the Smarty can change timing depending on what level you set it on ( even #'s odd#"s) but I don't think they do it in the same way. Could someone explain the difference and pros-cons of each, if any?

tried it out tonight on a short drive

SW9 (is there any other LOL)
tq-6
timing-4
duration-6

very smooth all the way up to about 3700 or so, power feels liek it dives off around 3500. i know when i was accelereating mildly, shifting it at 3200 to stay on the turbo was very smooth, power all the way to the shift, and very little smoke trail with the big injectors.

did not turn the redline on yet, going out later might try it if i feel brave.

I like it! Better driveability.It seems to have lowered my EGT's some too.I would like to know what would lower the idle (it did not effect mine)on this truck by 100rpm.It is just too high.Now to play with the tuning.Some how my shifting is better too??:blahblah1:

Back