Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Blacks Diesel Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #21
randal07

Name: randal07
Title: another guy with a truck
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbusdriver View Post
This makes me want to try and break my Goerend now, and I think I have enough nitrous to do it.
So what you're saying is, challenge accepted?
Just because I dont have a big name in the diesel world/community doesnt mean you can go pissing on the little guys, like myself.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #22
fox

Name: fox
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I'm not sure of this post and its title.

Just because you haven't broke something, you claim no one needs to invest in something that is proven stronger?

Now I'm sure what you claim by getting the clearances right is a great move in the right area.
This makes sense because there is less slop in the transfer of power and parts don't get slammed against each other during shifts and vibrations, but moving up to something better is not a bad thing.

If there was no desire to make things better, we would have a lot of things in this world.
Might still be riding horses!!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #23
Blacksdieselhp

Name: Blacksdieselhp
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
The reason for this post is to let people know that its not necessary to spend several thousand dollars on a shaft upgrade that they dont need. And we are confident enough to offer a warranty against it. If you really wanna see that it isnt necessary, start a poll for the top guys in racing and see how many went from using the fat shafts back to using the stock size shafts. And why. There are more problems associated with the oversized shafts as far as fluid flow is concerned. Everyone in pro street that was running the oversized shafts has now went back to stock size. Another problem is, until lately, all the oversized shafts were bigger and stronger on the splines, but the base where the oiling holes was the same size, so they would still fail there. But the main point is, if the tranny is set up correctly, the stock size shaft works fine.

There is always a desire to improve things, but there are way too many bandaids in this industry. If you fix the cause of the problems, sometimes the problems disappear.

Crate Engines, Transmissions, Turbos, Tuning, Fueling, Exhaust, Etc
Direct Dealer for Borg Warner Turbos

Old 08-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #24
diesel_importer

Name: diesel_importer
Member`s Gallery
well said^^^.

and to fox: I think there's a little difference in upgrading to a phat shaft for the hell of it, and inventing automobiles..........If horses went 70 mph, had A/C, airbags, and held 4 people, we may have never upgraded to cars.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #25
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_importer View Post
...If horses went 70 mph, had A/C, airbags, and held 4 people, we may have never upgraded to cars.
But we would have **** everywhere.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #26
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Swole View Post
EDIT:::

I'm staying out of it....
You are ok, David, they are talking about trannys, not motors....or have you blown them up too that I don't know about?

Old 08-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #27
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
You are ok, David, they are talking about trannys, not motors....or have you blown them up too that I don't know about?

Broken one Sonnax Input, broke another Billet but forget brand, and twisted an Opie Billet Input.

My "Edit" was for other reasons... My tranny guy now offers a Fat upgrade for little over what a stock size cost. Soon to be around the same price as std. size.
Thread title & timing was interesting...

I believe in Goerends work 100% and he believes in my guys work, as he sends business to us and they talk & and share info.. Dave's good people in my book!!
-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Old 08-29-2013, 11:22 AM   #28
Blacksdieselhp

Member`s Gallery
We had 7 customers in one week contact us that have broken more than one input each, one guy has broke 5. 5 of the trannies came from the same place, the other two came from another. They all had one common problem that causes broken inputs. We fixed 4 of them so far and I can almost guarantee you that they will not break another one.

Since 2007, we have had ZERO input shaft failures. So i thought Id offer that knowledge to the public. Thats all. So you can ease your typical suspicions swole.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #29
4x4dually

Member`s Gallery
Them's pretty big claims, Ashley, but I wish you the best and really do hope you got it figured out.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #30
dieselracer07

Name: dieselracer07
Member`s Gallery
FWIW, I've heard of several ppl having problems with fat shafts. They changed the valve body and went back to stock size and didn't have anymore issues...

Sent from my paperweight
1998 ECSB 4x4: Contagious 5x18s, Hamilton 188/220, 165LB springs, Billet S467 FMW, Billet .093 holders, full cuts, 5500GSK, billet Pro Street Diesel trans, DPC 2200 stall triple disc, AD II 200 w/sump, o-ringed head, etc...

Old 08-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #31
Blacksdieselhp

Member`s Gallery
They are just facts. Feel free to call Goerend and ask if they have ever gotten a converter in from us for repair from a broken input. I do understand it being hard to believe for those that have broken them over and over.

Id love to explain in detail why it happens so often so people could better understand it. But that would never work on the forums, lol. It would get turned into something its not.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #32
Blacksdieselhp

Member`s Gallery
I guess one way to do it would be to have a poll and let people vote on how many they have broke and with what brand tranny. That way everyone could see if there was a common brand or brands that have the problem.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #33
4x4dually

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksdieselhp View Post
I guess one way to do it would be to have a poll and let people vote on how many they have broke and with what brand tranny. That way everyone could see if there was a common brand or brands that have the problem.
I think a "brand bashing" poll or thread would work against ya, honestly. Just keep it simple and keep building ones that don't break. Word of mouth will help you out fast enough. That is just my opinion.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #34
dieselracer07

Name: dieselracer07
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
They are just facts. Feel free to call Goerend and ask if they have ever gotten a converter in from us for repair from a broken input. I do understand it being hard to believe for those that have broken them over and over.

Id love to explain in detail why it happens so often so people could better understand it. But that would never work on the forums, lol. It would get turned into something its not.
I haven't had any problems with stock size shafts and neither have any of the trucks I've put transmissions in. I'm sure the builder I use and Dave use a very similar setup in the VB. I have heard of a few shops with a track record of broken shafts tho. I agree with the poll idea.
On a side note, I've had a few calls from 6.7 guys up closer to you that I sent your way. Hopefully they get with you so they can try to hang with my dinosaur haha:beer:

Sent from my paperweight
1998 ECSB 4x4: Contagious 5x18s, Hamilton 188/220, 165LB springs, Billet S467 FMW, Billet .093 holders, full cuts, 5500GSK, billet Pro Street Diesel trans, DPC 2200 stall triple disc, AD II 200 w/sump, o-ringed head, etc...

Old 08-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #35
SuperDave4x4

Name: SuperDave4x4
Title: popcorn playa
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
We had 7 customers in one week contact us that have broken more than one input each, one guy has broke 5. 5 of the trannies came from the same place, the other two came from another. They all had one common problem that causes broken inputs. We fixed 4 of them so far and I can almost guarantee you that they will not break another one.

Since 2007, we have had ZERO input shaft failures. So i thought Id offer that knowledge to the public. Thats all. So you can ease your typical suspicions swole.
He can guarantee they wont break it... for 30 days atleast.

I'm only teasing BTW

(Sold)1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 24v CTD Ext. Cab- 01' motor w/ orings, .020 gasket, Garmon/SunCoast, Drag comp, 150hp EDMs, 57/72 twins, AD150, 20" Hoss, Proxes STII, Thuren/Carli, etc

Member #41

Old 08-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #36
Blacksdieselhp

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave4x4 View Post
He can guarantee they wont break it... for 30 days atleast.

I'm only teasing BTW
You know anyone else offering a better guarantee.

Tell you what, I'll match any other guarantee out there on input shafts and add 30 more days to it. Sound good?

Old 08-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #37
BigJoeDiesel74

Name: BigJoeDiesel74
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
You know anyone else offering a better guarantee.

Tell you what, I'll match any other guarantee out there on input shafts and add 30 more days to it. Sound good?
That would be 30 days!

Old 08-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #38
4x4dually

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJoeDiesel74 View Post
That would be 30 days!

I have friends that could break a steel anvil with a rubber mallet in less than 30 days.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #39
Blacksdieselhp

Member`s Gallery
Your right jory. Lol. Ive some of those myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #40
ClamDigger4

Name: ClamDigger4
Member`s Gallery
What about ats 5 year

from phone

Closed Thread