Anyone powder coating?

bigpanther2004

Trying it out not going to bad so far here a few pics

image_zpsd5a082ed.jpg

image_zpsc2eb861d.jpg

image_zps3b26b326.jpg

image_zps665b4f38.jpg

image_zps8ce1ab02.jpg

Thank!! That's what I'm using is a eastwood dual voltage, and my oven set up is just a home electric oven nothing special. Still gotta learn some little things but stuff I've done hasn't turned out that bad

I just use brake cleaner to be honest and before you blast make sure there is no oils on them, also I learned on a mount that was really greasy over time that I should of put it into the oven before I powder coated it cause over time the grease will get into the metal pores and when you bake the powder it comes to te surface and makes it kinda bubble. I just did alot of research on the net and on YouTube watching videos over and over picking up tricks.

hmm you done good work, the powder coating without any stain mark and fault. Great work, thanks for sharing that. I like your work. but why you use this shiny color.. I think mat black will looks more good and attractive.

I'd say I have around $400 in everything, I bought special plugs so I don't have to take off every hole, biggest thing is having a oven big enough, lucky for me where I work we use ovens to cook stuff so I can come in over the weekend and do my stuff if its to big to fit in my other oven, and that is the color my buddy picked out.

So far I've gotten my valve covers, heater lines, intake horn, intake plenum plate, intercooler pipes, alternator bracket, front diff cover, and air intake pipe. Turned out pretty decent.
gyruqy5y.jpg

puty5aja.jpg

Oil pan, transmission pan, timing cover, rear diff cover, and coil springs are next.

Also experimented with making black chrome, but I got distracted and the oven got to hot. The pure clear, tinted clear, and chrome coats all got mixed together.
zaba3ava.jpg

Sent from my paperweight

Last edited:
Back