Re-gear

ArmedSociety9MM

ArmedSociety9MM
Going to re-gear diffs can't decide on 4.10 or 4.30 with 35" tires, and true-trac or locker. daily driver and I occasionally tow. Any suggestions would be apprectaited.

With 35's I would stay with the stock 3.73's For the money of re gearing 4.10's aren't much of a change over 3.73's.

While towing Truck won't hold OD and is heating up transmission on big hills also my fuel milage is about 6mpg. Empty the truck is great, but towing through the Canadian rockies to go hunting is hard on truck with 3.73s. Ill go 4.30s and that should get her back in the power band.

Last edited:
4.10s for 35s is close to the original final drive ratio. You are going to spend alot of money for very little seat of the pants feel. But on paper 4.10s and 35s is the way to go. 4.10s can also be done on the cheap because typically you can find low mile used 4.10 front diffs out of the gas trucks on the cheap.

4.30 would be ideal, but you can't get a 4.30 gear set for the front diff. If the truck is a 6 speed 4.56s will probably be good depending on how heavy you tow and what kind of unloaded miles you rack up.

Let me know if you need pricing on the parts to do the job.

Even if your not running 70 mph+ with a 5 speed trans 4.56's are not bad. I ran them for 3 years with 35" tires.

Back