Lb7 bad lope while in gear

rjustman

I just changed the cp3 in my truck.I had a bad fca in the old cp3,so I picked up a good used lly pump out of an 05..truck fired up and runs really good..it has a very very almost in noticeable surge or pipe at idle until you put it in gear..while pulling up to a stop sign it surges the whole truck forward and u,less you get on brakes pretty good it'll pull through them..backing up to a 5th wheel isn't any fun..

My question is what if anything can I do..I do not have efi and hadn't planned on getting it..I was planning on keeping this truck stock..

Also what kind of damage if any will co,e about if I don't do anything??

Thanks

Richie

Being that the "new" pump wasn't new, don't rule that out. And you should be able to run the LLY regulator without modifying the current tables.

Would I see a,difference in the way it runs if the pump was bad?? It runs leaps and bounds,better than it did and back to zero smoke after turbo lights..before it was a smoky mess,and powerless..it'll actually set you back in your seat now..I just picked up a v2 so hopefully I can read rail pressures and stuff to see what it's doing..if everything looks good I'll install my lift pump and look for leaks..that would tell me if I was sucking air or not correct.and if it stops after lift pump I can bet that was my problem right?

My dads 01 did the same thing. It ended up being bad injectors. Changed them and it idles smooth all the time now

Oh boy..don't tell me that..Would I notice any other tall tale sign of bad injectors wouldn't I..smoking or sluggish driving..the lope smoothes out anythi above idle..and when truck is in neutral or park it don't really do it..it's only in drive or reverse

Oh boy..don't tell me that..Would I notice any other tall tale sign of bad injectors wouldn't I..smoking or sluggish driving..the lope smoothes out anythi above idle..and when truck is in neutral or park it don't really do it..it's only in drive or reverse

He had a light haze out the pipe. His did it most noticeably in drive. Barely if all in park. Not sluggish at all. Balance rate will tell the tale.

Yeah after I get all learned up on the v2 I'll check em unless I can find someone willing to put it on a scanner for me..I'll post my findings..

Got my v2 in..hooked it up to check things out..I can't see my injector rates on the v2.but I did see they desired vs actual..in park desired is around 37mpa and it holds pretty steady..when it's in gear is desired is around 40mpa but it swings from 36mpa all the way to 43mpa and everywhere in between

Back