Winter plans

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Now that you have spent all racing season breaking stuff, what do you plan on upgrading over the winter to spend next racing season braking some more?

didn't break enough...need some more power. Hoping to put a 76mm atmo charger in front of the 65.5mm vgt in the valley while i have the room with the trans out. Full comp trans waiting to be put to the test!

After I rebuild the trans I just broke, I plan on going to a bigger cam, bigger injectors, more nitrous, and hopefully get into the 9s.

Going to tear into mine a bunch and hopefully get closer to being able to run 7.70 next year. I know I'm trying to race a land yacht compared to other trucks, but I'm going to have fun trying.

Got some bigger injectors in and trying to make it to a track before they all close for the year, but I need to mess with suspension tires timing fueling and driver area's. LOL

After I rebuild the trans I just broke, I plan on going to a bigger cam, bigger injectors, more nitrous, and hopefully get into the 9s.

I think that is a wonderful idea.

Going to tear into mine a bunch and hopefully get closer to being able to run 7.70 next year. I know I'm trying to race a land yacht compared to other trucks, but I'm going to have fun trying.

Got some bigger injectors in and trying to make it to a track before they all close for the year, but I need to mess with suspension tires timing fueling and driver area's. LOL

Do you even know how to dragrace a sledpulling truck, bro?

Right now is the perfect time to buy crocs and jorts; I just scored a hell of a deal at Walmart!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Somebody call Dalpilot. He loves a good deal on Jorts and Crocs.

Right now is the perfect time to buy crocs and jorts; I just scored a hell of a deal at Walmart!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
What can I say? Always wanted a C5, now I own one. Wanted something both the wife and I could enjoy, plus I just got tired of the diesel stuff.

But I dont think crocs can survive in the cold, and I havent seen lawn jarts since I was a kid.

What can I say? Always wanted a C5, now I own one. Wanted something both the wife and I could enjoy, plus I just got tired of the diesel stuff.

But I dont think crocs can survive in the cold, and I havent seen lawn jarts since I was a kid.

Jorts.... not Jarts LOL.

I have Crocs, they work fine in the cold LOL

jorts, Tom. jorts = jean+shorts :rockwoot:

Do you even know how to dragrace a sledpulling truck, bro?

I'm still getting the hang of it.... the FMVB isn't the best for consistency obviously but so far I started out running high 9's this summer and my best pass to date was at SDX 8.78 completely cleaning up all my fuel.

Had to call that crazy Arkansas duck to fix that problem!

I have a little list for this winter. Refresh my transission, remove the trans brake from it, clean up and fix a couple small oil leaks, install two stages of nitrous and maybe turn the pump up a little more. This season was a good season for me as I managed a new personal best of 11.43 @ 118mph with the little 4bt. Currently on the fence on wether or not to put a roll bar in the truck since it's only going to go faster with more power.

Really looking forward to dialing in our new race truck next season. The goal is a consistent low 9 second 1/4 bracket racer that we can compete with against the local gas cars.

I have a little list for this winter. Refresh my transission, remove the trans brake from it, clean up and fix a couple small oil leaks, install two stages of nitrous and maybe turn the pump up a little more. This season was a good season for me as I managed a new personal best of 11.43 @ 118mph with the little 4bt. Currently on the fence on wether or not to put a roll bar in the truck since it's only going to go faster with more power.

Really looking forward to dialing in our new race truck next season. The goal is a consistent low 9 second 1/4 bracket racer that we can compete with against the local gas cars.

Gonna keep the transbrake off of it?

Gonna upgrade my wiped out stock cam, swap in a FMVB, and finally get rid of all the cheap Auto Zone u-joints that somehow haven't broken yet.

Back