Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > NADM
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #21
VMAX

Name: VMAX
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Well hopefully they (or someone) can pull through and get some more support for this or another organization. Competition is a good thing. One diesel racing organization will help no one but the one diesel racing organization. Some business monopolies are illegal for good reasons.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:42 PM   #22
John Robinson

Name: John Robinson
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMAX View Post
Well hopefully they (or someone) can pull through and get some more support for this or another organization. Competition is a good thing. One diesel racing organization will help no one but the one diesel racing organization. Some business monopolies are illegal for good reasons.
Very true , but there is barely enough competition diesel vehicles to make a good event as it is !

Old 02-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #23
Subman631

Name: Subman631
Member`s Gallery
Agree with John not enough diesels at most of the events. I may enter the NADM Spokane event and I will be wearing my NHRDA tee shirt and have their decals on my truck. Hell I might be the only truck to show up and I can race two or three classes.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:21 PM   #24
COMP461

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMAX View Post

This back and forth bickering is what is making the diesel world not grow. .

I attended 4 NADM events this years and the stands were fairly full, it was a family event, and everyone had a great time. The mainstream sponsors were in attendance and were very happy with the turn out.

This leads me to a story That Don Prudhomme told me after in a airport restraint in Denver a few years back. The good the bad and the ugly about the fathers of drag racing mirror what is going on today in the diesel world

While returning from one of the longtime shrines of drag racing, John Bandimiers Rocky Mountain Raceway in Denver, where we competed in NHRA’s Mile high Nationals I had the pleasure of sharing a table in a crowed airport restaurant with one of the legends of NHRA Don Prudhomme or affectionately known as “ the Snake “.
I was in awe of the presents of this man, and what he had accomplished in his life to help develop the sport of organized drag racing.

My longtime friend Danny Ritchie and myself set and asked the kind of rhetorical questions , I’m sure he is always asked , and the answers were one’s we expected. But it was evident that Don understood that with fame, come the responsibility to the fans. To answer the same question over and over again. This is a primary reason that people like Don have succeeded in racing is the fan is the key. The money is just a ways to a means to race, and the fan is the one the sponsors pay to influence

Don turned the topic of conversation, after he became aware of the fact that we had been the ones Bob Frey was poking fun at all weekend long, the ones with the gray diesel truck that drove 788 miles from Texas and in the gate to race. Unknown to me was the fact that the NHRA announcer had made a big deal out of this , all weekend long , even thou we were not very competitive . Poking fun at us some times, but advocating the fact of what pioneers racers we must be, in that he believe that a diesel movement was on the horizon. He predicted that in the future, to expect a lot more diesel power entries

What Don really hone in on was that this was new, and that we had make comment that there different factions and that it was coming together, but had its grow pains.
Don up untill this point was just being nice to a couple of fans I asked him what it was really like in the beginning for him and others trying to bring a sport to life .

His became quite , and his face shower great reflection when his thoughts turned to the begins of NHRA and drag racing, as if he has in deep thought as to indicate a lifetime of memories. He told stories that so mirrored the current goings on in the diesel world. Some were exciting and colorful; some were the kind of story’s that are not always flattering to some of our heroes in drag racing, but after it was all over he told a story that summed it all up.

In 1957, or 1958, he couldn’t remember the exact year. They were competing at the U.S. Nationals in Indy in top fuel. He named off the fathers of the sports that were in the staging lanes at that time. This was a nice morning and the stands were full of fans waiting to see the show Don‘s car was first in line to run and was strapped in to his rail, and they were standing there when Wally Parks walked up to the starting line all excited. He gathered everyone around and told them that the cash had been stolen; there was no money to pay any winnings, or match race money, so everyone could go back to the pits and go home. he said that Wally was distraught over this and as people started to walk away , Wally turned to Don strapped in his car and asked him if her heard everything , Don said he nodded his head yes, and Wally again told him , well this is it , were done. Don then looked at us, saying, remember back then we race on a shoe string and the appearance money was sometimes the gas money to get home.

Then Don got a serious look in his eye, and asked what we would have done. Before we could answer, he said you know what I said.

“GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY, I’LL TAKE THE LEFT LANE “

Don said if you understand that, you’re are a true racer, and that it’s not about the money, the money is just a means to a method of doing this sport we love

Old 02-02-2014, 08:33 AM   #25
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
I agree ... he drank the cool aid .
I don't even like koolade- but I will sit back and sip on some sweet tea.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #26
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subman631 View Post
Agree with John not enough diesels at most of the events. I may enter the NADM Spokane event and I will be wearing my NHRDA tee shirt and have their decals on my truck. Hell I might be the only truck to show up and I can race two or three classes.
Ken, you make it painfully obvious what side of the 'line in the sand' you stand on, along with your "intentions" to contribute your insight in this NADM forum.

But before you go and act like a fool- best ask a few Washington locals why Diesel Racing has been practically non existent in their state. Yes I know there was an event -your guys had in 2011- but look deeper and there is a huge void.......

Old 02-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #27
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Very true , but there is barely enough competition diesel vehicles to make a good event as it is !
Maybe that's because of this damned line in the sand that everybody keeps tripping over !!!!

John- I have MUCH RESPECT for what you and your team have done. You know for a fact that any Pro Team is to be run like a business. Some teams may have been victims of their own bad business decision. Handshake deals have gone the way of the rotary phone it seems. Best plan is to protect the teams/owners investment and get everything in writing. If I ever get to the point where I am to be paid for appearance like others have posted- then you can bet your last swig of sweet tea that we will not leave home until a signed contract is in hand- it's that simple !!

We will also afford the luxury of picking and choosing said events we wish to help push the sport we love and we will disregard that damned line in the sand if need be.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #28
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock600 View Post
Yankee's don't sip sweet tea, that's a southern thang we do way down here in Texas.

The inlaws own a house in McKinney-Tx. What next we don't know how to properly fill a mason jar??

Old 02-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #29
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock600 View Post
If you visit your in laws you can sip their tea, when you go home you'll have to do what ever you Yankee's do up there. . Don't know about the mason jar stuff, never drank it all mine are full of deer meat, lol. Is it race season yet. People are jabbering now, back to the shop......
Well then I will do my best to blend in when I come down there.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #30
VMAX

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
You sir have a good point and are "out there" more than anyone. All I can relate to is texas. 5 years ago I showed up at nhrda and nadm events in Dallas and attendance was low and I was racing a few trucks. Now nhrda event in Dallas is a huge hit. Seems it is going in the right direction but might need more time for mulitiple organizations to work effectively.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #31
Stingpuller

Name: Stingpuller
Member`s Gallery
Off Season

I race anywhere and everywhere! I think its safe to say I'm not a NHRDA/NADM lover or hater. The fighting is bad, very bad! I'm one of the worst fighting with a handful of Thiefs, Scam artist and flat out punks. I will try to be a better person 2014 as I think we all should. I/We (as a group) like to race diesels we need to support everyone we can to make things better. My car is getting a few up grades and thanks to a few VERY good sponsors I think i'm going to smack that John Robinson A$$! LMAO 2014 isn't starting out to good. John your not one of the above I just owe you after TX last year!lol How about that group hug?
2007 GMC C4500 Regency Western Hauler and 235" POWERFLOW Dragster, Powerflow exhaust, 80mm Fleece turbo, Fleece injectors, On Track Auto front mount CP3, SoCal Diesel, Hughes powerglide, PTC converter, Nytrex nitrous,Isspro,FueLabs, Mike's Race Wiring, New Era Diesel, Hamilton Cam and all the guys at the shop

Old 02-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #32
Subman631

Name: Subman631
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinDuallie View Post
Ken, you make it painfully obvious what side of the 'line in the sand' you stand on, along with your "intentions" to contribute your insight in this NADM forum.

But before you go and act like a fool- best ask a few Washington locals why Diesel Racing has been practically non existent in their state. Yes I know there was an event -your guys had in 2011- but look deeper and there is a huge void.......
My point is I think it's total BS if a racer comes to an event and is willing to add decals to his race vehicle that he is told to either remove decals from another racing organization and or not wear clothing that may have their logo. That is never done at an NHRDA event. As to races in Washington specifically Spokane, that track has had a ton of problems with operators and management. Hopefully the current management will be stable and reasonable to deal with. A lot of races have gone be the wayside in both organizations, most due to low attendance, some due to unreasonable fees asked by the track operators, others due to the track closing.

In NHRDA's case I think the current schedule is about what the traffic will bear, hopefully all will be well attended both by racers and fans. You have to admit watching 40 or 50 sportman trucks running down the track from 12 to 17 seconds isn't the most exciting racing to watch unless you are participating or know someone who is. It is however the class that will grow the sport. We need more race vehicles in the faster classes which are what the fans want to see, we also need more racers willing to travel. In 2012 I personally logged 17,000 miles attending races. Our schedule this year is about 10,000 miles attending only the western and Canadian races plus the world finals in Texas. It's damn expensive to travel in this economy and those two reason are why I believe why we are struggling to grow the sport.

I grew up in the late 50 and 60's when drag racing was a big deal, getting fans to come to the track was easy. Times have changed, you watched the big boys races on TV, lots of empty seats in their stands as well.

I think the two organizations could work together if they wanted so their schedules complimented each other and allow more local racing. As far as racing in Washington, there aren't that many guys who race there anymore. There are a few in Washington, a few more in Oregon, a lot in Idaho and Canada and quite a few in Montana. We'll see if the great turnouts we use to have in Phoenix will be in Bakersfield. I'd like to see the classes have identical rules and specifications in both organizations, but doubt that will happen.

I don't have any problem with NADM as an racing organization, my problem with it is the same as everyone else's.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #33
12vriviera

Name: 12vriviera
Title: That Guy with that car
Member`s Gallery
I do think nadm could grow their advertising a lot. Three last race up here last year,a lot of guys didn't even know about till a week before... And only because if the pullers that came. There is a lot more on the table as far a spreading the word to any event. Facebook pages dedicated to diesel drag racing or pulling are there, time for these guys Ron and Randy to get them utilized! People will pack the stands, just need to know when it will happen!
I am a pushover
https://www.facebook.com/#!/24VRIVIERA

Old 02-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #34
VMAX

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24vriviera View Post
I do think nadm could grow their advertising a lot. Three last race up here last year,a lot of guys didn't even know about till a week before... And only because if the pullers that came. There is a lot more on the table as far a spreading the word to any event. Facebook pages dedicated to diesel drag racing or pulling are there, time for these guys Ron and Randy to get them utilized! People will pack the stands, just need to know when it will happen!
This is very true. I had to ask when the race in Texas was going to be. Any of these two organizations would benefit extremely well with good marketing. We are not even talking about paid adds ect!! Just getting the word out on websites and social media way ahead of time. Nhrda has definitely stepped that up in recent years.

Just to get it out there I am not partial to any organization. If we fit in Truck will race for anyone gas or diesel......... I have not raced nadm in 3 years due to scheduling and build issues. Looks like it is the same situation this year. If I recall two years nadm and nhrda had events one week apart in Texas. With some better planning both organizations would of had better attendance. Most missed one because they wanted to be healthy for the other race, or people broke and could not get fixed in time. Ect, ect.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #35
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subman631 View Post
My point is I think it's total BS if a racer comes to an event and is willing to add decals to his race vehicle that he is told to either remove decals from another racing organization and or not wear clothing that may have their logo. That is never done at an NHRDA event. As to races in Washington specifically Spokane, that track has had a ton of problems with operators and management. Hopefully the current management will be stable and reasonable to deal with. A lot of races have gone be the wayside in both organizations, most due to low attendance, some due to unreasonable fees asked by the track operators, others due to the track closing.

In NHRDA's case I think the current schedule is about what the traffic will bear, hopefully all will be well attended both by racers and fans. You have to admit watching 40 or 50 sportman trucks running down the track from 12 to 17 seconds isn't the most exciting racing to watch unless you are participating or know someone who is. It is however the class that will grow the sport. We need more race vehicles in the faster classes which are what the fans want to see, we also need more racers willing to travel. In 2012 I personally logged 17,000 miles attending races. Our schedule this year is about 10,000 miles attending only the western and Canadian races plus the world finals in Texas. It's damn expensive to travel in this economy and those two reason are why I believe why we are struggling to grow the sport.

I grew up in the late 50 and 60's when drag racing was a big deal, getting fans to come to the track was easy. Times have changed, you watched the big boys races on TV, lots of empty seats in their stands as well.

I think the two organizations could work together if they wanted so their schedules complimented each other and allow more local racing. As far as racing in Washington, there aren't that many guys who race there anymore. There are a few in Washington, a few more in Oregon, a lot in Idaho and Canada and quite a few in Montana. We'll see if the great turnouts we use to have in Phoenix will be in Bakersfield. I'd like to see the classes have identical rules and specifications in both organizations, but doubt that will happen.

I don't have any problem with NADM as an racing organization, my problem with it is the same as everyone else's.

Ken,
I have to applaud you for this post. I was expecting something different from you.

As to your comments that seem to be based off of what Wade posted- remember he didn't even have the sack to post up under his own username- he created an account utilizing his wife's e-mail. And I certainly have to admire how they handled his bullchit.

Understand that Ron and his group took on a crap ton of mud thrown their way in their support of Wade. They helped him get some pretty sponsorship packages and he is FLAT OUT LYING if he tells you differently. I'm sure Ron didn't orchestrate the entire deals but pretty positive he helped push the kid in the right direction. Remember he thanked God and Diesel MotorSports as sponsors along with a few that were in fact sponsoring Diesel MotorSports and their series.

As a business you'd expect your operation to be run in a professional manner. Why did Wade drive all the way out to these events if he didn't budget the sponsorship funding properly? Also he is at an event representing an association that has helped him and bent over backwards to promote him, all the while people were slinging mud in their direction. Trust me- Wade showing up to an event with his NHRDA shirt on was just the final straw that broke their relationship.

Again I think it was a lack of professional business ethics that failed between them, and who knows maybe BOTH were at fault there.

As far as decals being removed- I know this happened with a racer up in Washington state whom proudly had Piers Diesel Research on his window- and "somebody" decided to do some photoshopping and removed this logo so they could display his truck on event flyers. This put the racer in the middle of a dispute between him and his support(Piers) So it's really not unheard of between the two groups. Perhaps things have indeed changed. I'm really not going to sweat it if someone doesn't like a decal or two- they can LOOK AWAY!!!!

I will be racing because I love it and have deeply missed it in my absence. Like I said if it gets to the point where appearance royalties are being offered you can bet your asss that I will have it handled in a professional business-like fashion. Again ultimately you have to protect YOURSELF.

It would be real hard to expect the two groups to work together, although I do think it would be in the best interest of THE RACERS themselves if this were to happen.

Like I said we will continue to trip over this phucking stupid line in the sand unless we all collectively do something about it.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #36
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Member`s Gallery
Shut the phuck up duallie. Your the biggest freaking river floater I've ever seen you sawed off prick. With all the lying and bs chit that Ron Knoch pulls. It's impossible not to have "a line in the sand". It's clear your sucking cock in hopes he can lie to some sponsors for you so they will fund your race truck. You are such a douche bag. And to think you ride wade for the very thing your after.

#dualliewisheshewaswade

Edit: do you do anything but sit on the internet forums all day loser? Maybe if you cut 10 hours of forum time out per day you will finish a project for once. Instead of having a bunch of truck bodies laying around. My viper truck, my pro mod, my duallie... Who gives a phuck non of the chit runs.

Last edited by 2Tone12V; 02-02-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #37
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tone12V View Post
Shut the phuck up duallie. Your the biggest freaking river floater I've ever seen you sawed off prick. With all the lying and bs chit that Ron Knoch pulls. It's impossible not to have "a line in the sand". It's clear your sucking cock in hopes he can lie to some sponsors for you so they will fund your race truck. You are such a douche bag. And to think you ride wade for the very thing your after.

#dualliewisheshewaswade

Edit: do you do anything but sit on the internet forums all day loser? Maybe if you cut 10 hours of forum time out per day you will finish a project for once. Instead of having a bunch of truck bodies laying around. My viper truck, my pro mod, my duallie... Who gives a phuck non of the chit runs.
Didn't your boy trash you and Airdog? Wasn't he gonna burn his sponsored Airdog pumps in his yard? Maybe he pulled you aside and begged for forgiveness? Perhaps he told you he was serious about religion?

Lmao now your one of Wades biggest nutswingers.

For the record- laptops in the garage- and I'm workin away- take a break and see what's goin on here.

And like I said I will run my deal like it should be- and that won't involve a handshake or two.

Swing away anthony- swing away.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #38
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Member`s Gallery
I don't give a chit what wade runs. If its an AirDog its because he bought it cause he's not getting anything from me again. I don't care if he runs a 5 it ain't gonna happen. Only "swinging" I've done is state he's fast and he's out racing. Do you have an arguement he's not...? I'll venture to say my arguement that your sucking cock in hopes to get money to finally finish something and be the next nadm posterboy is stronger than your arguement that I'm on wades nuts... Get back on your boat river floater.

Edit: I'm sure your looking right at the screen waiting for a reply. Never met you but I'm guessing your about 5 foot tall, stuck on moms tit and you sit around and jerk off to porn all day. You spend more time on the internet than anyone I know. I'm sure you and Ron's fights are cute on who's banging who each day.
Hehe duallie. I screwed some people out of some money to try and fund your truck. I should get the blowy tonight. That's how I imagine it goes.

Last edited by 2Tone12V; 02-02-2014 at 04:59 PM.

Old 02-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #39
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tone12V View Post
I don't give a chit what wade runs. If its an AirDog its because he bought it cause he's not getting anything from me again. I don't care if he runs a 5 it ain't gonna happen. Only "swinging" I've done is state he's fast and he's out racing. Do you have an arguement he's not...? I'll venture to say my arguement that your sucking cock in hopes to get money to finally finish something and be the next nadm posterboy is stronger than your arguement that I'm on wades nuts... Get back on your boat river floater.

So is that how Wade got his sponsors??

That won't be happenin here. I don't operate like that.

And like I said- go check it out- I'm not even a member of their group.

But you keep hinting that perhaps Ron could help out with some sponsorship support, makes perfectly good sense. I mean- that was really a goal of mine with the Pro Mod- to get that PHAT sticker across it's flanks. Hmmmmmmmmm. Anthony you certainly have a point though. Do you really think Ron is capable to do this? Gotta be careful though- like you said.

I know how to handle my bidniz so anything would be dependent on the stipulations in the contract. I like to have everything reviewed by my legal team though to prevent any loopholes you mention as lying and bs. Again I handle things differently.

But man.... you really have me thinking now- do you think Ron has access to a Bruno Lenco? That's the main piece I didn't buy yet- and was one of the reasons for me to sell off the vipertruck- shoot if he does have access- then I won't have to sell my vipertruck and continue on building as the first real SRT-Common Rail. Maybe even get it in some magazines. WAIT!! Ron has access to those too???? Phuck!! What's it take to get the full meal deal? Shoot what's all involved? Show up at some races- proudly run some decals- do an interview or two- maybe a photoshoot? Heck I'm ready to start signing babies heads just like Rickie Bobby!!! TEAM ME !!!!!

HEY RON !!!!! ANTHONY HAS ME CONVINCED !!!!!! SEND ME SOME DIESEL MOTORSPORTS DECALS AND A MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE!!!!! STAT!!!!!

Until that happens Anthony- I'll be in the garage as I have been- working on my stuff......

Old 02-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #40
John Robinson

Name: John Robinson
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingpuller View Post
I race anywhere and everywhere! I think its safe to say I'm not a NHRDA/NADM lover or hater. The fighting is bad, very bad! I'm one of the worst fighting with a handful of Thiefs, Scam artist and flat out punks. I will try to be a better person 2014 as I think we all should. I/We (as a group) like to race diesels we need to support everyone we can to make things better. My car is getting a few up grades and thanks to a few VERY good sponsors I think i'm going to smack that John Robinson A$$! LMAO 2014 isn't starting out to good. John your not one of the above I just owe you after TX last year!lol How about that group hug?
Ok sugar tits !! I' ve got a nice wager for you... when we race, who ever looses has to pull his pants down at the end of the track & take his spanking like a man!! u inn ! :-)

Closed Thread