12V marine pistons on the street

stillsmokin

all out of fuel
It's been a long while. I'm finally getting back into projects after building a shop and the birth of my son.
I'm in the works of "detuning" my old puller for street use/the occasional brush pull and trying to use as much of the original truck as possible.

I'm going to put together a different engine for it. I have a huge stash of mc bee marine pistons, they are the 3935591 with the 10mm top ring setback and coated skirts. The advertised compression is 15.3 with these pistons.

My question is if that ratio is figured with the thick head gasket (thus bringing compression down). I also wondered about cold starting issues. I have considered using the 3901756 industrial/off road pistons as the bowl is almost the same but compression is 16.5 from what I read, but maybe that comes from the thinner head gasket?

I had Mahle marine pistons in one of mine with a standard gasket. I'd assume it's the same bowl. I ran a standard gasket I believe it made it 16.5 to 1. Never had an issue starting with one optima battery. If you got um laying around run them.

Back