06 mega cab 5.9 sluggish takeoff with 37s

cornutt02

Yes I have a 06 mega cab 5.9. I've done 2nd gen swap with s464 turbo t4. 100hp nozzles
Efi live with 5 pos switch built trans with triple disc from dtc billet flywheel, input shaft ,etc. Recently changed to 4.56 gears. The truck is a bad boy only after I get started. On takeoff it is bad slow pedal to the floor and lots of black smoke,and then boost builds and it is gone mid and top end are perfect. Just no take off. Tired of spending money. Any suggestions

Yes I have a 06 mega cab 5.9. I've done 2nd gen swap with s464 turbo t4. 100hp nozzles
Efi live with 5 pos switch built trans with triple disc from dtc billet flywheel, input shaft ,etc. Recently changed to 4.56 gears. The truck is a bad boy only after I get started. On takeoff it is bad slow pedal to the floor and lots of black smoke,and then boost builds and it is gone mid and top end are perfect. Just no take off. Tired of spending money. Any suggestions

Tuning snuffing out the turbo it sounds like.

If you sit in drive, foot on the brake, and bring up throttle, how much boost do you build?

I'm guessing a mix between bad tuning and that low stall converter are keeping you from spooling the turbo.

With an S400 on a 5.9 I wouldn't want anything tighter than a stock converter, even then it shouldn't puke smoke before it lights with good tuning.

I've got 8 to 10 different tunes from 3yrs ago when I purchased truck. They've always had the slower takeoff. Is there any way to swap to a different tuner but still use my autocar. Hate to have to start over from scratch again

Back