A pair of Garrett's doing their thing...courtesy of RonA

Ron we have the new S400-67mm "FMW wheel and cast wheel versions that flows 94lbs/min" with the 83 turbine wheel and .90A/R. Have about a dozen out there already running them on twin setups similar to yours. I will have some results soon from them.

Jose.
I'm interested in trying something a bit larger for a secondary and then using it the triples. Either the Gtx4294r or your S400-67. Any problems with thrust bearings on the BW? Pm me a price on the BW when you get a chance. I also neet a total height from the mounting face of the t4 to the highest point on the compressor housing.(Yes, I'm vertically challenged :hehe:).

Thanks.

Ron Allen

Ron, did you photo shop that vid or the numbers ;) Seriously, your really got on top of those chargers quick.

Adam.....man lets go back 10 years, he was pulling out there back when I first started in 01'

Jim

Ron, did you photo shop that vid or the numbers ;) Seriously, your really got on top of those chargers quick.

Adam.....man lets go back 10 years, he was pulling out there back when I first started in 01'

Jim

Jim.
It had been running 1050 to 1080 on a dyno jet at 26 to 28 deg of timing with the plate set at around 17mm of rack. I bumped the timing to 30 and moved the plate all the way to the front(21mm) and ran it. I was suprised, but starting the run at 20 psi overall with the primary at about 6 or 7psi really makes it come on quick. 17mm of rack is 680cc. 21mm is 910 so even though it's getting into the sloppy fuel it's not unreasonable to gain an additional 130-140 hp from the additional 230cc of fuel and an extra 2 deg of timing. Hopefully i can remember to turn on the FASS next time. I don't think the stock 12V pump was designed to feed that by itself, but it did.

I believe the video (of RonA's truck) was taken by Adam aka DEZLFREK You could PM him. But I think this was the video: I don't know how to embed a video so clcik the link [ame="http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l568/Adam_Sprague/dyno/?action=view&current=video-2011-11-05-12-29-17.mp4"]dyno :: video-2011-11-05-12-29-17.mp4 video by Adam_Sprague - Photobucket[/ame]

Can we talk more about this please. :)

Looks like the run started at 80-85 mph. I'm assuming 32-34" tall tires and a lockup 4speed...~2200 rpm??

Do you drive this truck regularly? I don't know if you and your governator could still be friends if you do. LOL How would you say it drives on the street? For comparisons sake, my 66/480 aren't what you would call street twins, but they are driveable IMO. I would think a DBB 67.5 would be similar if not quicker to spool than a 66/74. DBB GT55 should be a bit lazier than a 480. All in all, I think it wouldn't be much worse, if any, than a 66/480 if everything about the ball bearing Garret's is true.

How are the feelings on a 4088R?

Can we talk more about this please. :)

Looks like the run started at 80-85 mph. I'm assuming 32-34" tall tires and a lockup 4speed...~2200 rpm??

Do you drive this truck regularly? I don't know if you and your governator could still be friends if you do. LOL How would you say it drives on the street? For comparisons sake, my 66/480 aren't what you would call street twins, but they are driveable IMO. I would think a DBB 67.5 would be similar if not quicker to spool than a 66/74. DBB GT55 should be a bit lazier than a 480. All in all, I think it wouldn't be much worse, if any, than a 66/480 if everything about the ball bearing Garret's is true.

How are the feelings on a 4088R?

I work 7 days a week and my shop is less than 50 yards from the house, so I don't drive much. It daily drives just fine with the idle set a bit higher than normal so it doesn't start bouncing when i put it in gear. Other than that I backed it off the dyno and drove home(150 miles) backed the timing off 6 degrees and it's been that way ever since. Same plate/afc setting, same injectors. Twins drive fine, but aren't the fastest spooling set I've had. I have no smoke issues as long as i don't hit the throttle too hard or too quickly. Taking off, cruising along at 35mph, or even passing isn't a problem as long as you don't mash the pedal. But then you don't need to mash the pedal.
Dyno run started holding 80mph against the load with manifold boost at 20psi(8psi primary). 31" tires.

Last edited:
Working on a new comp wheel for the GT5591's and 94's. Should work well for you compound guys. Testing starting middle of May.

Looks like I may get to try these, since my current setup recently went missing.

If Ron can street them on a 12v, a 5.9 CR should as well. It will be primarily a drag truck, but I would like to street drive it occasionally.

Back