Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > SDX
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #21
stumpy

Name: stumpy
Title: Just hopping along
Member`s Gallery
Look up the scheid diesel extravaganza 2014 Facebook page. The only thing people talk about on there is were the parking lot parties are. Friday they posted a picture of trucks sitting at gander mountain before the pulls started

Old 08-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #22
BigMurph68

Name: BigMurph68
Title: QUINTESSENTIAL STUDMUFFIN
Member`s Gallery
I haven't been to SDX yet but every year I wonder if it's the last time the event is held due to oralers and idiots getting drunk or just phucking chit up to the point that every one who puts it on decides it's not even worth it anymore.

'92 F-250 rclb 4x4 idi 7.3 400,000mi and still rollin.

Travis G. said I can type whatever I want and no one can mess with me.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:52 PM   #23
1lowdiesel

Name: 1lowdiesel
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Maybe you should switch to drag racing lol that went on as scheduled today.

IMO only competitors should be allowed to camp. Then you'll really see who the productive people are and the tools will really stand out.

Old 08-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #24
Hammer

Name: Hammer
Title: Verbal Junk Author
Member`s Gallery
And people wonder why many would rather stay home than deal with the diesel diks that act like this.Rainouts happen,big deal did you ever think that maybe the logistics(sled rental and availability)would not allow for a Sunday Pull.

I can only wonder when the azzhats go home do they act the same way in their own home towns,I'd bet not as they would end up in the slammer fast.Why people think that events of this nature are for their own personal drunkfest and stupidity is beyond me but its needs to be stopped.

Old 08-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #25
revolutiondsl

Name: revolutiondsl
Title: Cat buys my Cummins parts
Member`s Gallery
I hadn't been in about 3 years and the oralers get worse every time. I don't see how they keep having it but they do. I love the pulling they have there probably best in the country but it's getting old dealing with all the people. Somebody fish tailed and threw mud all over the front of my truck in the parking lot. I knew when I seen the rain come in it was going be a mad house and got out of there. I guess the money it brings in is enough to put up with all the losers.

Old 08-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #26
revolutiondsl

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
And people wonder why many would rather stay home than deal with the diesel diks that act like this.Rainouts happen,big deal did you ever think that maybe the logistics(sled rental and availability)would not allow for a Sunday Pull.

I can only wonder when the azzhats go home do they act the same way in their own home towns,I'd bet not as they would end up in the slammer fast.Why people think that events of this nature are for their own personal drunkfest and stupidity is beyond me but its needs to be stopped.
I understand the logistics part but I was just saying I have seen it done before at a big pull before.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #27
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
I don't see the event ever getting cancelled. I can see camping being taken away or at least a no tolerance policy in camping with PIs being handed out for asshatery. How nobody has gotten hurt by a truck is beyond me though. Having a drunken good time I condone until it affects others.

North American Turbo

Old 08-24-2014, 06:28 PM   #28
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfaylor View Post
I don't see the event ever getting cancelled. I can see camping being taken away or at least a no tolerance policy in camping with PIs being handed out for asshatery. How nobody has gotten hurt by a truck is beyond me though. Having a drunken good time I condone until it affects others.
because all the drunk hicks you see out there acting a fool do the same **** year 'round in their home towns... they're well practiced at this stuff!

Old 08-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #29
oldestof11

Name: oldestof11
Title: Drag racer
Member`s Gallery
What he said ^

Old 08-24-2014, 07:01 PM   #30
gearhart73

Name: gearhart73
Member`s Gallery
To the people wanting to know why they didn't reschedule the pull for today. There was no chance in getting the pits anywhere close to good enough to get all the trucks through and staged up. I pulled out of there about 10 and it was a sloppy mess. And the competitors split the purses in each class. That's guaranteed money from the PPL, not Scheid's.

SSD4x4 Cream of the Crop

Old 08-24-2014, 07:03 PM   #31
GreenMeanie5.9

Name: GreenMeanie5.9
Title: Poop Naked
Member`s Gallery
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

Little birdie floating around the pits today said that its not looking even remotely good for future events....

Drag racing drama lol.

Special thanks to my sponsors,
Lucas Oil Products, Corbeau Racing Seats, Air Dog, Zeigler Diesel Performance, Titus Transmissions, Danville Performance.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #32
takedown95

Name: takedown95
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhart73 View Post
To the people wanting to know why they didn't reschedule the pull for today. There was no chance in getting the pits anywhere close to good enough to get all the trucks through and staged up. I pulled out of there about 10 and it was a sloppy mess. And the competitors split the purses in each class. That's guaranteed money from the PPL, not Scheid's.
We had this happen here just a couple weeks back it started raining and within 5-10 minutes the clay track was a slick mess. Folks couldn't get out and were sliding into each other and the concrete barriers. At least 10 trucks and trailers with damage. It's a little easier to get out there but still going up a wet, slick clay bank or trying to get out of muddy pits is not easy.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:58 PM   #33
dieselpolaris

Name: dieselpolaris
Member`s Gallery
Can honestly say that i do understand the rainout thing. I and the people i was with literally were only in the grounds for less than 2 hours when it started raining and yes it sucked that i was out 30 bucks but what i saw go on with people doing donuts spraying mud on peoples vehicles and acting like jackwagons made me furious. Unbelievable the lack of respect of people these days. I seen some stuff go on driving around afterwards that makes me wonder how the police keep there cool. People driving up a hill on the backside of kmart to get into a blocked off parking lot left me in disbelief. Leaving garbage everywhere is another thing that i cant stomach. This is why diesel truck owners are getting a bad name because a select group seem to act like idiots every time they are in close proximity. Id hate to see an amazing event get shut down due to stupidity but i feel its in the not so distant future.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #34
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpolaris View Post
Can honestly say that i do understand the rainout thing. I and the people i was with literally were only in the grounds for less than 2 hours when it started raining and yes it sucked that i was out 30 bucks but what i saw go on with people doing donuts spraying mud on peoples vehicles and acting like jackwagons made me furious. Unbelievable the lack of respect of people these days. I seen some stuff go on driving around afterwards that makes me wonder how the police keep there cool. People driving up a hill on the backside of kmart to get into a blocked off parking lot left me in disbelief. Leaving garbage everywhere is another thing that i cant stomach. This is why diesel truck owners are getting a bad name because a select group seem to act like idiots every time they are in close proximity. Id hate to see an amazing event get shut down due to stupidity but i feel its in the not so distant future.

I don't think it is a select group, it appears to be a good majority of the fans. I mean it isn't just 100 people causing the problem, when you have 2-3000 folks in a parking lot standing around watching people do stupid stuff, it just contributes to the problem. I think I have been to scheid since 2000(except for this year and I think 2008). Even 10 years ago people were doing stupid stuff(they used to sit and do burnouts leaving the east end of the park waiting to get onto the highway, until the police started sitting there). If folks want the partying going away, then they need to not go stand and watch the stuff in the parking lots and take the alcohol away. Every year we always have a good time and don't see all of these shenanigans. We just don't put ourselves in the proximity. I had seen some vids, and it seems that some of the pullers might have been participating in the activities in the pits with UTVs.
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 08-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #35
Rich dzl

Name: Rich dzl
Title: 12v guru
Member`s Gallery
Stop the alcohol . Inside the fair grounds would help a lot ...

Old 08-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #36
revolutiondsl

Member`s Gallery
You can attempt to stop the alcohol but people will just put hard liquor in fountain drinks and sneak beer in. It's a noble cause but so was prohibition. Idk what the answer is. It's every big event from TS to Scheid there's shenanigans like this. I was pretty unhappy with the douche that was spinning in 2wd and there mud all over my mega cab but there are people like that every where

Old 08-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #37
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutiondsl View Post
You can attempt to stop the alcohol but people will just put hard liquor in fountain drinks and sneak beer in. It's a noble cause but so was prohibition. Idk what the answer is. It's every big event from TS to Scheid there's shenanigans like this. I was pretty unhappy with the douche that was spinning in 2wd and there mud all over my mega cab but there are people like that every where
I agree, however when you let people bring beer into the grandstands by the cooler full, provide them a venue to sit and drink while watching pulling for 3-4 hours. It gets them started. Also if someone was walking around dumping alcohol on the ground. This problem hasn't started in a year, you won't fix it in one either.
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 08-24-2014, 09:08 PM   #38
revolutiondsl

Member`s Gallery
Yes that's why Saturday nights are so dumb at sdx but look how many oralers don't even go to the pull and just tear chit up while the pull is still going on. There are a lot of people that go that don't go to any of the events.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #39
9724VF350

Name: 9724VF350
Title: Tractor Guy
Member`s Gallery
A strategically placed and sized EMP would take care of a awful lot of stupidity.

Wife's ride-03 Excursion 12V swap in the works.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:39 PM   #40
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
last event I went to was Baytown '08 IIRC... I was never a competitor, just an enthusiast/spectator. The oralism had become so strong at that point, I just swore off events after that.

I commend those who compete, and I understand that the whole industry revolves around spectator money, but I just don't care to be around most spectators in this industry

Closed Thread