Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 05:08 PM   #41
Highwayman

Name: Highwayman
Title: bored.
Member`s Gallery
Do you still cut the screw-on filters open to inspect ever so often?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak24 View Post
Lolzzzzzz fakin haters

Old 07-28-2018, 07:09 PM   #42
thojer81

Name: thojer81
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
props to you sir. very nice build. It's even better for people like you that share your craftsmanship and your go fast parts for people like me that will never see them on my truck.

2010 CCSB All Stock

Old 07-29-2018, 02:00 PM   #43
prostockpuller

Name: prostockpuller
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Good job at Ft Wayne, I see you kept up with the big boys this weekend. I always thought that most of the trucks in the SStock class are too light rearward. I think your Ford frame will work for you.
Good Luck the rest of the season.....and I see Shane Wurm's truck did very well too!

Old 07-30-2018, 12:09 PM   #44
takedown95

Name: takedown95
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
Do you still cut the screw-on filters open to inspect ever so often?
I will when I change the oil. I just like to see it after every run if possible. There shouldn't be anything that gets past that screen on the engine side but I will check every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostockpuller View Post
Good job at Ft Wayne, I see you kept up with the big boys this weekend. I always thought that most of the trucks in the SStock class are too light rearward. I think your Ford frame will work for you.
Good Luck the rest of the season.....and I see Shane Wurm's truck did very well too!
I think you meant Fort Recovery but thank you. We had a nice run on Friday night to make the pull off been then nerves got the best of me and I blew the tires off at 150' and steered it all over the track. Saturday night I was better with steering but need to work on the throttle control a little more.

Shane had two great nights, especially in his debut. He's always been a hell of a driver and he's got a top notch build. He's going to be a force for sure.

Old 07-30-2018, 01:43 PM   #45
Meyers Farms

Name: Meyers Farms
Member`s Gallery
Saw you pull Sat night at Fort. It has to feel good to have her going down the track! The experience will come and you will only get better. Congrats on a good showing Friday night.

Old 07-31-2018, 10:42 AM   #46
cumins01

Name: cumins01
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takedown95 View Post
You decided not to sell it then?
Not just yet! No one will give me anything for it, so it's just sitting there not taking up any space. I put it back on the trailer. Maybe someday I'll start to tinker with it again....

Old 08-06-2018, 07:01 PM   #47
skyler1101

Name: skyler1101
Member`s Gallery
nice build!! i shot ya a friend request on fb id like to see a little more of it

Old 08-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #48
takedown95

Member`s Gallery
We made two passes in Illinois this past weekend with an 8th and 6th place. We had some trouble fueling the truck the first night and went down the track at around 4000 rpms. The second night we found the fuel and hit 6600 rpms.

We will be at Hillsboro this weekend so come out and say hi if you're around.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:41 PM   #49
Smokinrebel

Name: Smokinrebel
Member`s Gallery
Is it at the fairgrounds in town there where they used to have pulls? What they they starting?

Edit: I'm thinking about wrong hillsboro. Carry on

Last edited by Smokinrebel; 08-07-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #50
TheHammer

Name: TheHammer
Title: broke
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
We made two passes in Illinois this past weekend with an 8th and 6th place. We had some trouble fueling the truck the first night and went down the track at around 4000 rpms. The second night we found the fuel and hit 6600 rpms.

i'll be checking it out pretty thoroughly, luckily you guys are in the night session this year, just sad the semis aren't. but when the super farms are center stage there, im sure the crowd will love watching 40 supers vs the 10 semis., she's a phenomenal track once the sun goes down, good luck!

Old 08-11-2018, 12:57 PM   #51
TheHammer

Name: TheHammer
Title: broke
Member`s Gallery
There was a misprint on the state site of the session schedules. So I was wrong about my previous post. Hope she gets down the track smoothly.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:40 PM   #52
9 LIVES

Name: 9 LIVES
Title: Demolition Expert
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Just curious....how do you "find fuel" i've heard several sled pullers refer to this. I didn't know it could go hiding. Not trying to be a wise ass just curious. I thought with the p-pumps more or less you have them set wide open

Heads I win, tails you lose....
-Lee-

Old 08-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #53
takedown95

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9 LIVES View Post
Just curious....how do you "find fuel" i've heard several sled pullers refer to this. I didn't know it could go hiding. Not trying to be a wise ass just curious. I thought with the p-pumps more or less you have them set wide open
Sigmas, especially those that are high performance, are funny and the governers sometimes don’t work the way they should. At wide open throttle you may or may not get full fuel. I’m not intelligent enough to tell you why but a truck at full throttle shouldn’t go down the track at 4500 rpms one night and 6600 the next on similar tracks and sled settings.

Closed Thread