160 WHITE hot farm rebuild

Destroke? Wouldn't you rather de-bore it to keep the stroke for the torque aspect?
Just a thought

Destroke? Wouldn't you rather de-bore it to keep the stroke for the torque aspect?
Just a thought

Yes ,you are correct,Nick is a professional engine builder and we had the same thoughts,but valve shrouding was going to be way more than we cared for ,Also lots easier on the $$$$..So we compromised with loosing some stroke and ,some bore. = custom sleevs,custom pistons, custom rods ,then trrowing away a nice set of ROSS pistons.
our 466 ain't no cheap puppy.
Thanks for you'r comments and thoughts,
Dane & Nick Pickerell

466 classes are a freakin joke. so many tractors had more cubes factory,its nothing but a jd and ih crybaby class. I like red but these classes are a joke.

466 classes are a freakin joke. so many tractors had more cubes factory,its nothing but a jd and ih crybaby class. I like red but these classes are a joke.

What do you have that you can't fit into a 466 class? It is a pretty down to earth class, almost any tractor brand out there made some sort of engine that is darn close to 466.

Not a fan of the 466 classes either. While other manufacturers made stuff close to it, it always turns into the red and green show. I love my red tractors and even pull one, but lets face it a lot of guys cry if another color shows up and beat em.

Open the CI up some and get some other colors. Even allow some repowers

Dane how is the build coming?

We hope to be blowing smoke mid to late May , our rods are about 2 -3 weeks out , Ross will have the pistons done about the same time .
We removed all the hydraulics , and are getting the brakes done up by using slave cylinder master cylinder to work the levers at the brake discs. the flywheel and clutch are ready . the fenders are mounted, we are having a custom built turbo made up , the tie bars are made , and the weight brackets have been made up ,
As always thanks for all the comments . Dane & Nick Pickerell

Any updates ?

Our pistons are here ,almost 700 grams lighter than our other ROSS ,the rods are considerably longer, they're getting the wrist pin bushings put in them this week, the head flows some really good numbers.
GOSH maybe we will get some hooks in before the season is over ,KTPA has a few pulls left on their scedule..
We would like to make Murfresboro (spell) this year
Nick is pulling a friends tractor he built tonight , hope they do well.
Dane

Back